Friday, February 11, 2011

a formal introduction

I'd like to introduce to you my new best friend.  My SPI belt.  I LOVE this thing.  I used it for the first time this morning and I didn't even know it was there.  It's a fanny pack.  I know it looks real tiny but that pocket is unbelievably stretchy.  I put my phone in there this morning just to try it out and forgot it was even on.  When I got it I wanted to see how big it got and I could easily fit my phone, deodorant, keys, and toothpaste in it.  I was in the bathroom and those were the closest things.  I don't really run with hygiene products.  You're supposed to stink when you run, remember?  Another lady wore perfume to the gym today.  I wanted to poke her in the eye.  I made it halfway at two miles and had to stop before I literally died.  Two miles, 14:34.  If I'd have known it would be so short I would have pushed harder.  My sinuses still burn and I can't stop sneezing.  Allergies blow.  Since I had extra time I forced myself to do weights instead of going back to bed and it was nice.  It's been too long.  I did discover this morning that I don't really care for the iPod armband.  Maybe I just need to get used to it but it drove me nuts.

I should probably always wear make up to hide the rocky mountains, but I have skipped it the last couple days in hopes of clearer skin.  I look like something out of a horror movie.

Last night I watched American Idol with my marathon buddy again.  By "watched American Idol" I mean we sat and talked through the whole thing, checked out each other's new running gear, and did core workouts like planks and headstands.  I'm a master headstander.  Oh and I wanted to try out Jamie's new self tanner so we put it on one leg.  It's hot.  We are a lot funnier than Idol.  Especially this year.  Did Steven Tyler really tell JLo not to tell people they suck?  Some of them need a reality check.

I am ordering shot bloks for Jamie and I to try out.  We are getting black cherry because that's the flavor that
The Hungry Runner Girl recommended.  I hope they are bomb.  What do you think of them?  Do they help?  Tomorrow morning we will be up at the horrible hour of 5 am to go running.  5 am feels like getting your hand stapled to a desk.  5 am on a Saturday feels like getting your hand stapled to your desk while drinking bleach and being lit on fire.  12 miles baby.  And I am so excited!  Bring on the bleach drinks and who doesn't like fire?  We are going to try the outside thing again because the gym doesn't open until 7:30.  If you see a girl with green five finger shoes, a giant hoodie, one super tan leg and the Rocky Mountain on her chin laying on the side of the road, please stop and make sure she isn't dead.  Thanks.

No comments: