Saturday, February 26, 2011

sleep clinic

I'm sitting in the bed at the sleep clinic.  It's not so bad.  The room is kind of nice and it's quiet here.  I miss my husband though.  I cried like a big baby the whole way here.  Looks like the have wifi :-)  I'm not even sure if I am supposed to be on this network.  It looks like it's their work network.

My husband told me I was creepy because my little sister got asked to prom and I tried to look the guy up on Facebook.  He's probably right, but if he wants a kid he should get used to it.  I already feel bad for them.  I'm a good little detective.

I decided I want to run a marathon in each state.  50 marathons.  Even if it isn't an organized one and I just run 26.2 to check out the new place I'm in I'm ok with that.  It might never happen.  That's a lot of traveling and there are other countries I'd prefer to see over some of the states.  But it would be cool.  My 16 miles today made me feel pretty confident.  16 miles in 2:21:50.  It felt good.  I could have kept going.  my knee did get sore though and I had to wear my brace the last six miles.  McDonald's chicken nuggets are good recovery food, right?  I am sore like crazy now though.  I'm all gimpy.  I hope my body gets used to this.  Being sore blows.  I feel much better than I do on days that I have ran outside in the freezing cold though.

My lover always jokes about if we were stranded he is excited to eat the dogs because they have "meaty little legs."  He was rubbing my sore calves today and said, "Wow babe, you have meaty legs."  Um... thank you?  I gave him a dirty look and he said he just meant that my muscles were huge.  Yes.  I already knew that.  I have gigantic muscles in my legs.  I know it's all muscle, but the size bugs me sometimes and I wish they would shrink.  I guess that's what I get for saying he's scrawny?  We balance each other out.  I really miss that guy.

No comments: