Monday, February 14, 2011

Mondays are rough

This was my V-Day cookie from my running buddy, Jamie.  She snagged it from work and it was delish.  The frosting was soooo good.  She also got me some tie die socks because she knows I think white socks are boring.  And this is why I love her.  Our pink mace will be here today.  Very fitting for V-Day I think.  On our run Saturday it was pitch black and Jamie saw a post but thought it was a man so she freaked out.  I instantly had tears running down my face, my knees got weak and I fell into her.  We need this.  Mace will make us feel safer.  We are SUCH girls.  And no more running in the dark.  What were we thinking?

Ruth's Chris was AMAZING.  That place never lets us down.  And even though it's an hour drive, I loved it.  It does suck to drive when you are full and sleepy and just want to lay down together.  But we talked a lot which I love.  Maybe next year we'll get a room though like we did the first year we went there.  We have a very romantic night planned.  I leave for school at 5:00 so we get about an hour together before I am gone.  Lame.  Hopefully they'll let us out early tonight.

Today started out rough.  I barely slept last night and my nightmares were horrible.  I'll spare you most of them, but right before waking up I was dreaming about dead dogs.  It was so real and I didn't have my contacts in so when I woke up my pile of shoes looked like a dead dog.  I freaked out and backed up really fast, fell out of my bed and smacked my head on the dresser.  Perfect start to the week.  I couldn't run because my knee is still messed up from falling off a curb and twisting it on Saturday.  Then I got in my car and realized I left TomTom in there all weekend.  I had anxiety all morning because he wouldn't turn on.  I even started looking at prices for a new one as I cried like a big baby about my buddy Tom dying.  Then I plugged it in and the battery was just dead and I kind of feel like an idiot but I was so happy I couldn't even complain.  AND I just found a keypad replacement for my blackberry.  My A button disappeared long ago and I miss that phone.  The best part was that it is a whole face plate replacement.  That thing is haggard and the new one is GREEN!!  So today started off pretty crappy but things are lookin' up.  Now if I could just get a call saying I got the job this would be a world record for the best Monday ever.

How's your Monday going?
Any fun V-Day plans?  (My teacher calls this day V.D.  How ironic.)

No comments: