Thursday, January 27, 2011

if I can't breathe, how am I supposed to run

That time we went skydiving!

I don't think the ladies behind me on the stairclimbers realize that I can see them in the mirror in front of us.  I don't think they know that I could see them pointing at me and talking.  Maybe it's the spandex or the weird shoes.  Maybe it's that I lip sync to my ipod to entertain myself while I run.  I might even dance a little.  I'll just pretend they were saying how amazing I run.  "Look at her form!!"  "She's at 3 miles and still going strong!"  That's probably not how the conversation went... pretend with me, ok?  Speaking of my weird shoes, I really heart those things.  I haven't worn my knee braces since Christmas and I have never ran this much or this fast in my life.  Running is a lot more enjoyable when it's not inflicting pain.  It did inflict a little pain the last two days though.  My right ankle is getting really sore.  I have had issues with it since my accident but it's been rough the last two days.  The best part is I can't find my brace.  I was 20 minutes late for work because I didn't want to give up on looking for it.  I hope it's not the way I am running causing the pain.  I hope I'm not doing something wrong.  Maybe it's just being overused and needs love in the form of ice packs tonight.  And a rest day tomorrow to just lift weights and major core.  I'm going to take it easy tonight and watch some American Idol (four hours worth) with my marathon buddy.  We'll probably eat ice cream and cry about all the sad stories.  We're SUCH girls!!  I should probably paint my nails too.  They are haggard.

Do you wear perfume to the gym?  If you do, we are not friends anymore.  The lady next to me wore a whole bottle today.  I have miserable allergies that are made a million times worse when I'm gulping for air as I run.  Running and sneezing are not fun.  I had the hardest time breathing today.  Why oh why would you wear perfume to the gym?  You are there to stink.  I did my 3 miles in 22:49 though.  I think I push myself harder when I am not loving it and just want to be done.  It's been a rough week for motivation.  I don't know if it's the new pillows or what but I just don't want to get out of bed.  I need a massage.  I can't wait for my foam roller to get here.  I hope it's my new best friend.

Remember a while back when I told you a piece of my Halloween costume rolled out from under the seat in my car and I decided it was probably time to clean that thing out?  Still haven't done it.  Go me.  That can be added to the list of the four thousand other things I don't have time for.  I don't even feel bad.  I get up at 4:45, run, shower but never have time to wash the hair, get ready, work, school, homework, and cakes.  I only feel bad for my husband cleaning up after me.  He lives with a child.  But my car is my space and I'm ok with it being a wreck.

I just placed an order for a subscription of Runner's World.  What do you think about it?  I've never seen one, but I'm so excited!!!  The confirmation said 4-6 weeks.  Please don't make the girl with no patience wait that long.

1 comment:

Londi said...

next time just say " You know, I can hear you. I know you're talking about me. Just sayin" and watch them get embarrassed. Unless they are like this one girl I worked with. I told her that and she said too bad that she didn't care and then complained about me and got me somewhat fired. Needless to say, I'd love to call her some of the names she used to call me. but I'm too nice. haha!