Saturday, February 12, 2011

good excuse to pig out

I got a camera case for my iPod so the four thousand extremely unnecessary things in my purse don't destroy it.  You have batteries and socks in your purse too, right?

Today I have a good excuse to pig out.  Not like I need one, but I'll take it.  Actually I have two excuses.  Tonight we are celebrating Valentine's Day, and right now I am waiting for Jamie so we can go kill ourselves, I mean run, 12 miles.  I wish my mace would have gotten here this week.  And Spring would have been nice.  It's 27 degrees.  For Valentine's Day we go to my favorite place... Ruth's Chris.  If you haven't been there you need to go.  Right.  NOW.  You will kick yourself for missing out for this much of your life.  You can cut the steak with a fork.  It's so much fun and we go once a year so I'm jumping up and down.  Hopefully I'll still have this much enthusiasm in 12 miles.  Then we are going to come home and watch romantic movies.  Serial killers and naggy wives are romantic, right?  Yep, we are finally catching up on Dexter.  If they have season five at the Blockbuster.  Fingers crossed.  We love that show.  We've stayed up a little too late every night this week watching season four.

Since we are being all mushy and stuff I'll tell you my favorite thing about my husband.  He would do ANYTHING for me.  Even when (all the time) I am being a spoiled brat and (a little) unreasonable he never says so.  He does what it takes to make me happy, even if making me happy means getting dressed in the middle of the night because I want a Hershey.  Or when I cry about ridiculous things that shouldn't upset me.  He never tells me to stop being stupid, he pretends it's the crisis of the century and talks me through it until I feel better.  I'm a lot to handle.  I'm moody, ridiculously excited about everything, whiny, weird, 4 years old, messy, and probably a little insane.  But he loves every bit of me.  Good and bad.  And that's why he is my favorite.  I wish I could say I do the same for him, but he is normal so I never get the chance to.  If you're weird and have a normal husband, just so you know he makes you look a lot more weird than you really are.  A camera adds ten pounds and a normal husband adds ten more quirks.

I woke up in the middle of the night stretching.  Stretching?  Really subconscious?  This is what you want to do?  My shin was in my face.  No wonder I never feel rested in the morning.

Happy birthday to my dad!!

No comments: