Tuesday, February 15, 2011

triple tangent tuesday

What my phone will look like in 17-28 days.
Triple Tangent Tuesday is where you tell three strange things about yourself.  If you play, leave a link to your post in my comments so I can check it out!!
1. I have to keep a wash cloth in my other hand when I brush my teeth.  I am a child and drool on myself and the wash cloth saves my clothes, and me wiping all the make up off my chin.
2. I have a creepy sixth sense with songs.  I will start singing something I am in the mood to hear, my ears start to bleed and I remember I can't sing so I turn the radio on, and a lot of times that song is on as soon as I turn it on.  It's a little creepy.
3. I only like baked scents.  Candles, scentsy, sprays... if they are perfumey (I make up words) or fruity they are dead to me.  If it doesn't smell like something I can eat I want no part of it.  I heart food... what else is new.

I am feeling much better today.  I didn't even stay sad all day yesterday which surprised me.  Actually, I didn't stay sad at all.  Writing about it always makes me feel better.  Then Jamie dropped the "f bomb" about it and Kira said nice things.  And I got a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, went home and hugged my husband.  All was right in the world.  "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."  It's impossible to stay sad with friends, family, husband, and chocolate.  And I have the best there is.  Usually I would have guilted myself out and felt horrible for eating all 12 of the strawberries (judge me) but I didn't.  Not even for a second.  Calories don't exist on bad days.  Josh made me dinner and I headed off to school in a fabulous mood with plans to come home and watch a movie before bed.  He text me at 7:30 and said he was puking and heading to bed.  Poor guy.  So I spent Valentine's Day learning to draw blood from the hands, getting my hand poked and watching Family Guy alone for an hour.  It was a pretty good night, I just hate when he is sick and I can't do anything.

We are going to try running outside on Saturday again.  As I was running on the treadmill this morning I came to a realization that I actually like that thing, and not just because it's in a temperature controlled environment.  I really, really like it.  I am getting attached.  I did four miles in 30:23, then came home and rolled on my brand new foam roller.  LOVE it so far.  59 days until the marathon.  I really like to count things down.

I think I need to layoff the sugar until after the marathon.  Sugar hangovers make running a little bit more difficult.  I need to fuel my body better.  I get a new Bountiful Basket on Saturday, plus eight pounds of strawberries.  Hello smoothie maker!  After our 14 miles Jamie and I are having a foam-rolling-smoothie-drinking party.  It doesn't get cooler than that.

1 comment:

Enjoyin' Life said...

I totally think its ok to do whatever you want to do on your bad days. We all have them so why not feel a little sad, eat things we shouldn't, and watch things when we should be cleaning, studying, etc etc. I think it revives us and we can move on from the blues.

Great job on your running, and I DEFIANTLY think taking chocolate out of the equation would do you wonders. Remember chocolate is sick (and yes I know I am dead to you now) ;)