Friday, February 25, 2011

50 days

I got this from my friend Sara's blog.  Hilarious!  And totally me.  I should probably stop wearing running capris until I learn to shave my legs regularly, but it hasn't stopped me so far.  And by running capris I mean $3 leggings from Wal-Mart.  I really love them.  But they stopped selling them and I am going to have to buy some Under Armour ones.  I hope they are worth the extra $37.

I got a pretty pist off e-mail from somebody about me complaining that my
size fours were tight.  Apparently that was rude?  I don't care if you are a size four or a size twenty if you're happy with the way you look.  I don't think a size four is big, or fat.  But I want to be smaller.  I don't even care if I stay a size four.  I would just like them to to be a bit looser.  We all have goals.  And this blog is about MINE.  So chill.

I only have 50 days left until the big day!!  That is 50 days of training.  50 days of trying my hardest.  I want to be able to look back and know I prepared the best I could.  So I don't feel great about this week, but starting tomorrow I am going to try my best.  My "surgery" was unsuccessful so "surgery" just became surgery.  Blah.  March 8th.  I am going to run March 9th's miles on the 8th in the morning and then take the 9th off.  Hopefully I'll be good to go again on the 10th.  My girl scout cookies should be here by then.  I don't know how that helps with my whole not-eating-sugar thing, but I'm pretty excited about it.

I have a new goal to run the Breast Cancer 5K in 21:00 in May.  That might be unrealistic, and I might change it after a couple speed trials, but that is what I am pushing for.  I also really want to run a marathon we have to travel for.  Actually a couple of them, but I'm thinking we'll start off small.  I am wondering if I can convince Josh to go to Vegas in December.  I'll just use his love for gambling to sway him.  Muah ha ha ha!!

I am in love with Train's new song called Marry Me.  "Marry me.  Today and everyday."  That line reminds me of Josh.  We have been married for 8.5 months now and he still asks me to marry him at least once a week.  I love songs that remind me of him.  Too bad they are never songs I can run to.  I like loud, angry music for running.  My favorite is Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry.  If I am ever having a hard time keeping going, I turn it to that and it helps.

Tomorrow is going to be CRAZY!  After running 16 miles I am definitely making a chocolate, peanut butter and banana smoothie.  And then I guess I'll wash my hair.  Then I am heading to a good friend's baby shower.  Twin boys.  She is brave!  She will be such a good little mommy.  Then I have to get my emissions done on my car... I guess registration expires on Monday.  Blah.  Then I have a date with the two cutest boys I know.  My nephews!  I am taking them to lunch and to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  I'm probably more excited than they are.  Dear Lord, please, please, please don't let Kasyn have an accident while he is with me.  I will cry.  Seriously.  Then I only get a couple hours with my lover and I have to head up to the sleep clinic.  If they have WiFi I will say hello, but I am highly doubting it.  If not I'll write ya something special and post it on Sunday.

1 comment:

alison said...

knee socks + capris = no need to shave legs.

Or, run when it is still dark out so no one can see your beast-girl legs.

Those are my tried and true solutions! : )