Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I say awkward a lot. Probably because my life IS awkward.

This weekend I was too busy to blog.  Which is weird, because I didn't have a cake or homework.  It might have just been laziness.  Too lazy to blog sounds about right.

Saturday Jamie and I slept in.  Not together.  But we decided sleeping in before our run sounded great.  I rolled out of bed at the butt crack of dawn... 8:00 a.m.  I picked up my Bountiful Basket from a new location this time and I have never seen one so unorganized.  I was supposed to have my basket at 9:15.  I got it at 9:40.  By the time I got outside it was pouring so we decided to run laps on the track at the local rec center.  Before our run I ran to the store and got a five hour energy and juice for smoothies.  I shot my energy and headed up to meet Jamie.  I never take energy anything and I was bouncing off the freakin' walls.  I was hyper.  We went upstairs to the track where we learned that 19 laps equals 1 mile.  That should be illegal.  I was NOT doing 266 laps around a bunch of staring basketball players.  No thanks.  We did 19 laps track, 6 miles treadmill and the last 7 miles outside in the pouring rain.  It was actually a GREAT run day for me and my body felt fabulous.  I tried shot bloks for the first time... energy drinks and shot bloks... I feel bad for Jamie.  I was so hyper I was basically bouncing up and down running.  Shot bloks do make me want to barf for about ten minutes though, and then I am good to go.  I am hoping to push through and get used to them.  It seems like we can never have a good day together though, and Jamie hurt her knee.  We hoped it was just a bit sore but it is still hurting her.  She can't even bend it.  She is taking the week off and seeing if it improves.  I am pretty upset.  I will be bummed if she can't marathon with me.  But even more than that she LOVES to work out.  On top of all our training, that crazy lady is still doing bootcamp every day.  She is a bad ass.  Her hubby works over seas three months, home for a month, then heads back.  Working out is something that keeps her busy, and more than anything it keeps her happy.  I will cry if this is major and she isn't back to it by Monday.  Send happy vibes to her knee, k?  Even with her bum knee we still finished in 2:22:38.  She offered to take a picture of me so you could see that it looked like I peed my pants... I passed.  Obviously.  That was 28 miles total last week in 4:13:24!!

After our run, Saturday just got better and better.  We rolled on our foam rollers and drank strawberry/banana/peanut butter smoothies.  Then we showered (again, not together) and got ready and headed out for a double date.  We went to Brewvie's which is a bar AND movie theater in Salt Lake City.  So much fun!  Josh has been telling me about it since we met and we finally decided to go.  We had pizza, the guys had beer, and The Fighter was a GREAT movie.  I was surprised.  Jamie's husband is hilarious by the way.  It's funny, she is so much like my husband--quiet and a little shy--and I am so much like hers--loud and loves awkward jokes.  After the movie we headed over to Dr. John's.  That would probably be kind of weird, how we ended up there, but it was right next door and I have never been.  What a funny store!  I have never seen so many weird, random, freaky things all in one place.  Then we got to drive home in a crazy blizzard.  Mother Nature hates me.

Sunday might have been the best day ever.  We slept until 8:00, I took Josh to breakfast, we watched Nascar and that was such a cool Daytona 500!!  Then my lover grilled for dinner and I made homemade mashed potatoes.  I love love Sundays.

Sunday night I was awake all night from coughing and sleep issues.  I woke up with a sore throat and miserable head ache, so I called in sick.  I laid on the couch all day long.  Josh had to go get his oil changed at 4:00 and I didn't run in the morning so I decided to get it over with while he was gone.  I have a runners tip for you.  Do NOT fuel with Top Ramen.  You will die.  Or barf.  Or both.  I didn't end up barfing, but they came up and it was awkward.  Especially at my new gym.  It was my first time and the TV screen acted as a mirror and all I could see were my boobs bouncing.  That's a lie.  I also saw three guys walk by and look at my butt.   The TV will be getting covered with my jacket from now on.  I got too used to an all women's gym.  I feel more self conscious at the new place, so I hope that will pass.  I also feel guilty not wearing my wedding ring but I hate that it gets scratched like crazy from weights, so I went and got an $8 ring on lunch.

Josh convinced me to go to the chiropractor for my broken back when we met.  I fell in love immediately.  Nothing has ever helped with the pain like that has.  Well when we switched me to Josh's insurance after the wedding they made a bunch of mistakes and things got crazy and I got a $700 bill from the chiropractor.  I decided to stop going until it was figured out.  I get to go today!!  I haven't been since November and I am so so so excited!

I went to Wal-Mart on lunch and got me a "diamond" ring for a fake wedding ring.  I am pretty excited about it.  You know I love a good excuse to buy jewelry.  That makes number three or four on fake wedding rings.  I also got my friend Emily's baby shower gifts for the twin boys growing in her belly.  That girl is tiny.  I don't know how she is going to fit two babies in that body.  I was reminded why I hate Wal-Mart.  A lady walked passed with a basket in her hand and jammed it into my back.  She said sorry, but I know she saw me and walked right into me anyways.  People are so rude.  Then as I was going to check out, something kept rubbing my butt.  When things hit my butt, 99% of the time I will take the blame.  That thing is a shelf and is always right in the way.  But then I felt breath on the back of my neck and got pretty freaked out and spun around to see a lady with black and white hair, bright red lipstick and black eye shadow up to her brows.  All she needed was a fur coat.  It was her fat roll rubbing my butt.  That right there is the definition of awkward.  So I took two steps forward.  And so did she.  My first instinct was to elbow her.  Not because I am violent or crazy (ha) but because I am kind of a freak about my personal space.  I don't like being touched by people I am not close with, or even being in touching distance.  I am probably traumatized for life and I still feel a bit claustrophobic.  Well played Cruella Devil.

I just realized two of my favorite holidays are coming up.  I also realized my favorite holiday is always the one that is coming up.  I am in love with St. Patty's day.  Green is my favorite so a whole day of everybody wearing green is awesome.  And I always get some socks to celebrate.  Plus my lover is Irish.  And my last day of school is the day before.  So we are going to celebrate the green and no more studying!  Easter is still like two months away, but I really really love to color eggs, and to watch my nephews hunt for them.  It would probably be better if my family didn't all hate mornings.  Everybody is grouchy and so much fun to be around.  But then the coffee kicks in and we all remember how to pretend to be normal and nice.

No comments: