Wednesday, February 16, 2011

i love days like today

Days where running is easy and fun for every second of it.  They are my favorite!  I like running 90% of the time, but there is usually a small gap in there that is rough.  Not today.  Today was awesome!  I have been pushing on speed and with my hurt ankle I have had to step off a few times.  This week I have no pains and yesterday as I ran I stepped off out of habit.  I felt like I was training my body for sprints with breaks in between and that bummed me out.  So my goal for today was today the first five at a steady speed of 6.7 without stopping and doing the last mile as fast as I wanted.  I had so much fun running today!  Maybe it was singing to myself or dancing.  I love Alanis.  But today was good.  I did get muscle cramps for the first time today though and it was such a strange pain that it made me laugh outloud.  Maybe I have a weird sense of humor.  I'm looking forward to an ice bath and some icy hot tonight.  I got home from the gym at 6:20 and have to leave by 6:40.  I still had to pack a lunch and everything.  Nothing hotter than sweaty ponytails.  My husband is a lucky man.

After Saturday I will be able to say I have ran more than a half marathon.  Jamie just pointed that out and it's pretty exciting.  14 miles.  Dear Mother Nature, please be nice.

I should probably be a little embarrassed that I can eat all the food on my plate AND finish Josh's because it's too much food for him.  I think our servers when we go out think it's pretty weird.  On Valentine's day when we both ordered a potato, salad and steak he asked if we were sure because the portions for side items are very large and meant to be shared.  He probably thought I put some in my purse when he came back to clean plates.

I gave my MIL my touch screen phone yesterday instead of waiting a month.  I hate touch screen and hers wasn't working, so I figured it was pointless for her to go spend $400 on a new phone when I hate mine anyway and have a perfectly good one that I love in the drawer.  And by perfectly good I mean dinged up and the A button is missing.  Waiting like a month for my green replacements isn't a big deal, but I am sure it's annoying to text me right now.  Replacing A with @ looks obnoxious, especially with
m@ra@thon, h@ h@, h@ve... you get the idea.  I f33l lik3 @ t33nag3r who r3pl@c3s 3v3ry l3tt3r po$$ibl3 with @ symbol.  Annoying.

No comments: