Monday, January 31, 2011

tribute to the treadmill

my best friend and I about a year and a half ago


I take back all the bad things I have ever said about the treadmill.  It's boring, it's hard, it's a pain... I take it all back.  Every single word.  Saturday morning my marathon buddy talked me into running outside.  For starters, it was 29 degrees.  TWENTY FREAKIN' NINE!!  And I am a big ol' sissy about the cold anyway.  I have had sinus issues for years and when my sinuses drain they give me a respiratory infection.  I have one about 90 percent of the time.  It's not a big deal and it's rarely that bad, but when I run it makes me cough a lot.  Add some cold to that and it's poison.  I was coughing the entire time.  And spitting.  I'm super lady like.  I can spit across three lanes of traffic.  I know you're jealous.  I'm pretty sure my lungs still have ice just hanging out in there.  On top of that, my muscles never got warm.  And we ran ten miles!!  How are you still cold after ten miles?  Cold muscles=tight muscles.  Running hurt so bad!!  I was a big whiner and it ended up taking 1:43:54.  Lame.  My goal was 1:25:00.  I was just proud I finished.  You can bet my muscles felt awful all weekend.  I stretched and stretched but they were just too tight.  What I am trying to say is I love the treadmill.  It is my new best friend and I will never abandon it again.  Ever.  Or for a few months until it's like 70 outside.  Then I'll have another affair with the pavement.  Until then I heart the treadmill.

I did a total of 21 miles last week in 3:11:55.  I might have only washed my hair once.  And that was Saturday morning, after running a total of 21 miles.  My poor husband.

It has never felt as good to run as it did this morning.  It felt so good to get up and stretch and use all those tight muscles.  They are feeling much better!  Four miles in 33:54.  I like that time much better.  And I even finished up with some core.  Go me.

This week is going to be rough.  My goal was to get up early and go to the gym every morning, even on rest days to do weights.  So far that hasn't happened.  I really like to sleep.  This week I HAVE to get up early every morning.  Tomorrow I have to get up in time to shower and get ready for my interview before work.  (That means washing my hair for the second time in a four day span.  Miracle.)  Your praying for me, right?  I am so nervous!!  Today, Wednesday, and Thursday are all run days so I have to get up early anyway.  Not only do I have to get up early on Friday, but I have to be up by 4:00 am.  I might die!!  We are going on vacation this weekend and it's like 20 degrees colder there so I have nowhere to run.  I'm doing my Saturday run before work on Friday.  11 miles.  If getting up at 4:00 doesn't kill me, the 11 miles might.  But I'm actually pretty excited.  I get off work early on Friday and then I am headed for a much needed get away with my lover.  It will include wine tasting and hot pots.  And that thought is what is going to get me through the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Laundry said...

good luck at your interview! :) I hope you get it! :) You deserve a much better job. lol :)