Tuesday, February 8, 2011

weekend

Getting ready to dive into a 16 foot pool!

Have I mentioned that weekends are my favorite?  I love them.  I even got to be lazy this weekend!  My lover drove the whole way to Lava so I wrapped up in my snuggie and watched Click on my iPod.  It was soooo cold in Idaho!  We went to dinner at the White Wolf and played bingo... it's our Friday night tradition when we go there.  And I always win.  This time I won $54.  Go me.  Then we went to the bar and I remembered why I don't really care for those places.  There are a lot of creepers there.  And since I don't drink, drunk people are super annoying.  Saturday we woke up and just laid in bed for a few hours.  Heaven.  Then we got some breakfast from Johnny's who uses homemade bread for their toast.  I'm kind of obsessed with warm bread and I would have sold my sister for this stuff.  But only on days when she is being a brat.  Then Josh wanted to show me the airport on top of the hill so we went for a little drive, saw the landing strip, turned around and got stuck.  The snow started to melt a little, so it wasn't packed anymore so our truck sank down, and there was so much snow under us that the truck high centered, leaving the wheels just spinning freely.  It was an amazing view though so it wasn't too bad.  And hour later Matt and Dan got up there and pulled us out.  Then we started to head down and both trucks sank.  So we had to dig all the snow out from underneath us again while waiting for somebody else to come help us.  Then we felt bad so it kind of sucked.  We took a nice long nap in our 75 degree room and then headed to the hot pots.  I looooove those things.  I want one in my back yard.  After staying up until 4 am the night before we were all pretty beat.  We hung out in Matt's hotel room and played cards for a bit.  Around 10 I ran to the store and grabbed a thing of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream, we headed to our own room and we laid in bed, watched movies and talked all night.  Lava is little, and our hotel is always ghetto.  But I really love that place!  On the way home I wrapped up in my snuggie and watched Friends.  Another reason I love my husband... he always drives the long distances.  We are boring, and we love it that way, so for the super bowl we made jalepeno poppers and buffalo wings and sat and watched the game together alone.  I heart weekends, especially ones that let me sleep and lay around.  And eat ridiculous amounts of food.

I have the cutest new chapstick.  It's in a little ball the size of a ping pong ball.  It's so cute and it makes me smile.

I have a weird obsession with taking pictures of my food and sending it to my husband, or if it's dessert to my sister.

Not worrying about the heat bill and having it at 75 all weekend was nice, but now my 68 degree house feels miserable.

Everyone said the superbowl commercials sucked this year.  Were we watching the same ones??  I LOVED them.  My favorite was the Dorritoes one where the guy licks his friend's finger.  Hilarious!!

I bought myself a new waterbottle.  I thought it was pink (have I mentioned that I am color blind?) so when my lover told me it was red I kind of thought about throwing it away.  I might be four.  Or just a brat.

I am so so so so so sick of people trying to convince us to have a baby.  Seriously.  That's all I heard for three days from some girl I didn't know.  I thought about punching her in the kidney.  Could we leave my uterus out of conversations?  Thanks.

Yesterday I ran 4 miles in 29:46.  I'm getting faster!!  I'm going to start doing speed training on Tuesdays and hills on Fridays.  Speed to get faster and hills because I don't want to lose my butt.  It is big and I love it so I was a little bummed (pun intended) when I woke up to my lover grabbing my butt saying he could fit a whole cheek in one hand and it was definitely shrinking.  That is NOT good news.  Where's my Hershey stash?

Last night class was canceled so we had dinner with my BIL, Danny.  Have I mentioned I love him?  When he found out I was coming with Josh to dinner he ran to the store and got me ice cream and chocolate syrup.  He knows the way to my heart.

I'm supposed to hear something about the job this week.  Your fingers are still crossed, right??  I really hope I get it, for obvious reasons, plus, I REALLY
need a new purse.

2 comments:

Londi said...

that finger linking, and the pug attack doritoes commercials were both made in utah! lol.

Enjoyin' Life said...

You can have some of my butt!! That is the trouble area for me. Slimming down my midsection is easy its that damn ass that wont leave me alone ;)