Thursday, January 20, 2011

goals, hot sauce, twilight, and date night

Everyone always tells me this picture reminds them of Twilight.  I think it's the meadow, the girl with dark hair, and the sexy pale guy.  Except he doesn't sparkle.  And I don't think Robert P. is good lookin'.  Sorry.  When I read the books it's always somebody different in my head.  He just doesn't fit.  And if I am being honest most of them don't.  I kind of really hate the movies.  The books were amazing though!  I'm one of those weirdos that would much rather read the book than watch the movie.  I am dying to read I Am Number Four before it comes out in theaters.  But I still haven't even finished the second Outlander book, I still have my brand new Girl With A Dragon Tattoo that my lover bought me months ago, and a gigantic phlebotomy book.  School is really cutting into my personal reading time.  I'm not really sure why I need to know every detail about the entire body to draw somebody's blood, but I won't complain because I love that stuff.  It's so interesting.  Anyway... what got me thinking of Twilight was the frost on the cars this morning.  When the light shines on them and make the cars look all glittery like diamonds, this is what I imagine Edward looks like.  And Emmet.  Now Emmet I can get on board with.

When you ask for a handful of ketchup or hot sauce and they give you three packets, do you wonder how small their hands are too?  I kind of want to punch them.  It might be a little drastic... but why do they have to be so stingy??  Same with ranch at restaurants.  When I ask for extra and they bring me like enough for one tomato... what's wrong with the world, huh?

Sometimes I go a few days without causing personal body injury and I think maybe I'm finally outgrowing my clumsiness.  Then yesterday I stuck a razor blade through the webbing between my thumb and forefinger and realized that I'm just always going to be this way.

I have never had this problem before... but working out this much makes me feel like I stink more.  Like I shower as soon as I am done, but after about eight hours I feel like I need another shower even after just sitting at my desk all day.  I need to shower twice a day and it's driving me crazy.  I might just be paranoid, but does this happen to you?

I really like before and after pictures.  They are my favorite pictures to look at.  Before and after for anything.  I'm not picky.

My favorite part of movies is at the end when they play the little captions of what happens to each person in the next like ten years or whatever.  I like to know what happened after the movie is over.  And sequels always suck.  Except I am DYING for the sequel to Avatar.  Don't let me down, pretty, pretty please!!

Today was a three mile day and I did it in 24:43.  I know I may not be able to keep that pace on distance runs, but I would love to be able to keep short runs (anything 10 miles and under) at like seven minute miles.  And someday six minute miles.  That would be awesome.  I'm getting there.

In case you don't remember, tonight is DATE NIGHT!!  I'm so excited.  I don't remember the last time we got all dressed up and went out just the two of us.  We go out all the time but it's usually with friends and/or family.  Alone time is very much needed.  He even planned it all by himself and won't tell me what we are doing because it's a surprise.  You know I love surprises!

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments: