Thursday, January 6, 2011

everything














Throwing our palm frond and coconut into the ocean to end our ceremony.

I just signed up for my first marathon.  The Salt Lake City marathon on April 16.  I am SO excited!  This is something I have always wanted to do!  I start training on Monday.  This will keep me motivated to train.  I really want to LOVE running, but so far it's just ok.  Maybe I don't like it because I am so busy that to do it I have to get up at 4:00 am.  Who knows.  I do like sleep though.  I am trying to focus on enjoying running and accomplishing a goal more than the weightloss side of it because I think if I focus on the latter I will just get frustrated.  My goal is four hours.  That might change after I start training if I think I can do it faster.  That's about six and a half miles in an hour.  I am hoping to be faster, but it's only 13 weeks away and I don't want to push too hard.  Besides that I am still breaking my Vibrams in.

Currently I am eating a huge bowl on Cinnamon Life.  I ate my lunch and breakfast for breakfast... oops.  I don't know what it is about Thursdays but I just can't ever consume enough food.  And it's already Thursday!  What!!  This week has been the fastest one in a long time.  Maybe it's because I started school.  This whole doing-something-with-my-life thing feels good.  It's like it's impossible to not be happy.

I promised to tell you about school...  Holy freaky!!  Not the actual blood drawing.  That was actually a blast.  In a sick, twisted way.  I can't get enough of it.  Can I poke you?  Pretty please?  I am real good.  So the first class went like this... I got there 10 minutes late after leaving 15 minutes early.  Yeah, I was frustrated.  Then I got there and everyone had books so I asked the teacher for mine and she said we were supposed to buy it ahead of time.  Nice.  Me and two other girls were all told it would be given to us in class.  So I ran to the bookstore and grabbed on... $70.  Not bad, but after you'd been told you'd already paid for it it was a little annoying.  The teacher assigned homework that needed to be done by Wednesday which was four chapters of reading.  Then she handed out supplies and told us to start sticking each other.  No joke.  No demonstration or anything.  It was madness!!  I was very particular about who I let poke me.  I made sure it was a girl that washed her hands like we were all supposed to--only three people did--and who seemed confident.  Didn't even hurt.  And I HATE needles.  Then I turned around and drew on somebody else.  I've done it four times so far and have gotten the vein perfectly every time.  No misses, no probing... I'm basically pro.  So really, can I stick you??  Just kidding.  It's illegal to have needles until I am certified.  And being back at school was so fun it helped me decide what career I want.  Radiology.  I am hoping to start in May.  I will be as long as I can get into the program!!

1 comment:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Radiology...that is so so cool!! AHHH I am so so so excited for you!! You are going to ROCK the SLC marathon wahoo!! You will be hooked! I am obsessed with cinnamon life, so so good!