Sunday, January 23, 2011

girl scout cookies

I picked up my Bountiful Basket yesterday and I'm not totally thrilled.  I usually eat only that for two weeks for breakfast and lunch but they replace oranges with pears this week and I don't like those.  Darn!  It sucks on weeks when you don't get things you'll use.  Like brussel sprouts.  Gag.  But everything else is pretty awesome!  Plus there was a little girl there selling Girl Scout cookies.  I have some major love for those things.  Samoas?  Get in muh bellay!!  Mmmm!  I almost killed my sister over a box one time.  My own flesh and blood.  I was dieting for my wedding and hadn't had sugar in months.  (Horrible idea.  I will never go without sugar again.)  I had three Samoas left that I got to eat when I got down to my goal weight.   It was my treat and when I told her she couldn't eat them she thought I was joking.  I might have jumped over two couches and the island in the kitchen to tackle her.  It got a little intense but it was totally worth it.  My family knew I was crazy but my fiance was just realizing the extent of it.  And he STILL married me.  Sucker :-)  My cookies will be here in like a month and a half!!

I have a slight purse addiction and I'm dying to buy another one.  My new years resolution was not to spend any of my money on a purse all year.  It seemed a lot more doable when I thought I was getting a new one for Christmas but I got a laptop instead.  I usually get a new purse every couple months... this might be the death of me.

I got my hair done after running eight miles yesterday.  My poor hair lady.  She took it like a champ though.  She didn't even complain.  I think I've gotten to a new low... blow drying my sweat.  That's not awkward at all.... but I figured dry sweat was better than her having to do it while it was still wet.  Judge me.  I stood up to leave and slipped on some of my hair that she cut off.  My snow boots are ridiculously slippery!!  It's a good thing I can laugh at myself.  If you don't laugh at yourself I think you're missing the point.

Eight miles yesterday in 1:07:08!!!!!  Followed by an ice bath.  I kind of hate those things but they really do help.  I did a total of 19 miles this week in 2:40:26!!  My lover told me yesterday that he is going to get me an ipod for my birthday and just give it to me early so I have it for the marathon.  He spoils me!!

No comments: