Wednesday, January 26, 2011

is there a certain thing that always disappears from your house?

These might make me miss the fall just a little bit.

Our thing is the paring knives.  The best knife.  We've had like 4 of them and they somehow disappear.  I have no idea where they could be going.  Maybe my dog is smuggling them in his evil plan to escape.  I'm sure the mouse trap to the eye didn't help either.  Also, meat thermometers.  Those don't disappear but they are always broken.  We've never had one last more than a couple months.  What's the deal here?

Yesterday was rough speech wise.  After the "bagel juice" incident I told somebody to hold on while I found a measuring stick.  Ruler.  That's the word.  And then I realized bagel juice sounds a lot like BeatleJuice so I just want to say it three times fast.

Five miles this morning in 42:16!!  It was rough getting out of bed, and obviously I'm not very bright because I made myself do it twice.  My favorite thing to do after a run is take a hot shower, then snuggle up in bed.  Two hours of sleep would be great.  I got 10 minutes before I had to wake back up and brush my teeth for work.  Torture.

I need to learn produce better.  Like that I need to eat the tomatoes, bananas, and pineapples before the apples and oranges.  I always eat the stuff that lasts longer first for some reason so half the stuff goes bad.  I'm working on it.  I also need to work on the little voice inside my head that says, "You ran today, you can eat whatever you want."  Chocolate is usually what I want.  Too much sugar makes running rough the next day.  I was craving something delish yesterday so I stopped at the store for the essentials.  And by that I mean chocolate milk and avocado.  I even grabbed two of the delish green things so I could have one with lunch today, so maybe I am a genius after all.  Do you always save the biggest section of the grapefruit for last?  I assume everyone in the world does that, but I could just be strange.

I got home from work yesterday and the house was 62 degrees.  My lover told me it was warm enough.  He laughed at me when I told him if he could tell it's cold by lookin' at the girls he better crank the heater.  Cold=miserable.

1 comment:

Muncher Cruncher said...

I love your shaving cream post!! We are on the same page for sure. :) It took me a long time...like a year or two to figure out how to eat produce. I would buy tons and then waste tons. Now I know what I will eat, about how much, and what goes bad the fastest. It helps that I eat pretty similar things, so I know what to plan on. I also save the biggest section of the grapefruit for last!! It's the best!! :) Have a great day. xoxoxo