Tuesday, January 18, 2011

it always feels like the marathon is tomorrow

My four inch tall stack of flash cards I have to have memorized by tomorrow.  That's not even all of them.  Cry for me.  And then pray for me.  I need it.

It always feels like this marathon is so soon.  And then I sit down and realize it's three months away.  Three.  Which means I need to calm down and breathe and stop stressing so much about all the things that need to be done.  I still need to get my matching shirt, a camelbak, ipod holder, leggings that match my matching shirt, and a foam roller.  The foam roller because
The Hungry Runner Girl ALWAYS talks about hers and it sounds amazing!  I also need to book a hotel.  My marathon buddy and I decided we are going to stay in a hotel so we don't have to wake up at 3 in the morning.  However, we might not be able to even sleep so waking up may not be a problem :-)  The cheapest place I can find is an Anniversary Inn for just over a hundred dollars.  Yep, I'm going to be checking into the Anniversary Inn with another girl.  Have I ever mentioned I LOVE getting weird looks?  It's so much fun.  So you can bet I plan to tell the man behind the desk that we are newly weds.  We won't even have to act giddy because of the high from the marathon the next day.  Could this marathon get any better??  I'm LOVING it.  Ok so my total time for last week... 17 miles in 2:36:06.  Not too bad.  But I need to keep pushing.  We have a 26 mile week February 7-13.  I am going to get my time from that whole week and my goal for the marathon will be that or better.  Yesterday I did my three miles in 23:20 which is 3:30 faster than my last 3 miler!!  I'm thrilled about that.  I ran so fast because I was going to puke though.  My sweet husband made me way too big of a lunch and I shouldn't have eaten it all.  I thought I was going to die.  One more reason to run in the mornings.  I even took an ice bath last night.  It wasn't as miserable as I thought.  Once you go numb you don't even feel it!  But I was so cold all night.  My hips are feeling better though.  I reallllly need to start stretching more!!  I think the ice bath will be a Saturday tradition.  Those are my long distance days so what better day to do it.

This weekend is going to be hectic.  I'm getting another Bountiful Basket (so excited), getting my dog groomed, getting my hair done, cleaning my house, and it's the final week of playoffs.  Plus, promise not to laugh?  My family CHRISTMAS party.  Yeah, Christmas.  And I couldn't be more excited!!  Better late than never right?

No comments: