Monday, January 17, 2011

am i weird

Or do you do this too??  When I am watching a video on a phone or laptop and the camera isn't very steady, or there is just something out of view that I want to see, I move the phone (or laptop) trying to get it in the viewfinder.  It makes me laugh every time!

I wrote down my time for the entire week of running but it's at home and I am too lazy to go back through the blog and look at times to give you a total so I'll do it tomorrow :-)  I ran 17 miles last week!  My calves and hips are feeling it too.  I'm going to try an ice bath tonight.  It sounds so miserable and I'm a little scared!  I was up until 2:30 this morning doing homework so when the alarm went off at 4:45 I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.  It just sounded so awful.  So I am going to the gym after work.  Getting up early to run is so rough because I really love my bed, but do you know what's even worse?  Dreading it all day.  It's actually nice to get it done and over with for the day.  I never thought I'd say that getting up early was better.  I'm losing it.

The game yesterday was actually a lot of fun!  Until I got in trouble.  I brought my blood draw supplies to practice on my sister.  We were going to do it in the bathroom but then my sister didn't come.  My brother in law told me to do it on him, but we can't really go in a bathroom together.  My teacher is a traveling phlebotomist so she does it at restaurants all the time, so I didn't even think about it bothering anyone.  It doesn't help that the restaurant was in the ghetto of Ogden, but the manager ran up and asked what I'd just shot him up with.  Oops!!  And then ten minutes later four cops walked in and I thought I was going to pass out.  They just wanted some lunch though :-)  Lesson learned.  I have about 800 flashcards I have to memorize by Wednesday.  For once I am not even being dramatic either.  I don't know how I am going to do this!!  I hate medical terminology.  I don't get why they can't just say "forearm."  Everyone knows what that means.  Yet they insist we say antebrachial.  I think?  And then they complain that we need to make sure we don't use medical terms with the patient.  What is the freakin' point?  Lets all just talk the same.  I'm fine with forearm.  Is that ok with you??

No comments: