Friday, January 21, 2011

work

I hate my job.  I complain about it a lot so I figured I would tell you why so you don't just think I'm a big fat whiner.  I am a whiner, but not that bad!  I work for a company that supplies parts to other companies.  I'm what's called an "on site employee."  So I am employed by the supplier, working at the suppliee.  That's probably not really a word.  Go with it.  When anything happens, if anybody is mean to me, if there is any drama at all, I have to play super nice and smile and act like I'm happy to keep my company looking good.  Plus, it's easier for the place I work at to call the company I work for and request a new employee than it is for them to replace one of their own.  There is this mean lady that works here that always tries to get me fired.  I'm not just being a whiner, she is mean to everyone.  She will tell me she wants something done and she doesn't need it right now but it would be nice to have.  So I do what HAS to be done first since her stuff isn't a priority.  Then she tells her boss that I am not doing my job, I don't do anything but sit around and screw off.  So then her boss gets the vice president of the company involved, who calls my supervisor here, and my supervisor in Texas.  Then they come to me and ask me what's going on, I explain it, I'm not in trouble and everything is all good again.  But it gets old and it causes drama.  It's just frustrating.  Then this mean woman is mad so she does things to mess with me like throwing my stuff around and rearranging my desk.  I am also in charge of shipping all of my parts too.  A lady in Mexico asked for "a bag" of a certain part.  Well 60 pieces of that particular part come in a bad so I sent it to her.  Then I get this e-mail that is circulating asking what is going on from about three people who went on this rant about how I am not doing my job, they requested 500 pieces, they were shocked and I'm holding up production.  Awesome.  I save everything so I had the original e-mail.  I forwarded it to everyone involved and everything was fine, I was never in trouble.  Again, it's just frustrating.  And this is what I deal with EVERY day.  For three and a half years.  Because I am not employed here, I am the easiest target to blame so I get hit with a lot of blame, and waste a lot of time proving that I am actually doing my job.  So when I complain, this is why.  Rant over.

Date night was so much fun!  We went to Costa Vida and I got a salad smothered in guac, chile verde, and pico.  Heaven.  The mango salsa was too sweet though.  I hate sweet food.  Sweet belongs in dessert, not in my burrito.  Then I kicked his butt at some arcade games.  I am ridiculously good at arcade games, and I'd never even played one until I met my lover.  Plus, I am amazing at free throws so I dominate at pop a shot.  We had so much fun!!

I really need to download the pictures from my camera and start uploading more recent pictures.  I always just use whatever computer is available.  My work computer only has our engagements and our home computer has everything else minus the last like six months.  I need to get a flash drive so I can always keep current pics with me.  I'm workin' on it.

Things that make me happy today:  friday, pay day, peanut butter, the snooze button on my phone going off and unlimited number of times instead of twice like my old phone, my husband, I just officially registered for the marathon, I booked our hotel for the marathon!!  I'm so so so excited I could throw up.

Have you ever heard of Groupon?  Holy amazing deals.  Seriously.  Check it out.  Thank me later.  Or maybe I'm a little behind the times and this is old news to you?  Whateva.

No comments: