Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my love for food

I'm in love with food.  It is the highlight of the day.  I think I might like sauce more than the actual food.  Have you ever had the white sauce from Greek Garden?  To die for!!  Seriously!  My biggest obsession is hot sauce.  There is only one kind that I will eat but I put it on everything.  So delish.  My lover thought he'd seen it all until he watched me put it on my mashed potatoes last night instead of gravy.  He might have asked to eat in the other room, but I told him we must eat as a family.  On the floor at our coffee table.  While watching TV and getting licked by two rotten dogs begging for food.  That's how everyone eats, right?  This is my tomato sandwich I just ate for lunch.  Tomato chunks, a little bit of mayo with olive oil, a little bit of mustard, and of course, hot sauce.  I also am obsessed with super messy foods.  Carl's Jr. slogan is my motto.  If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face.  Words to live by.  So I cut my roll in half then dug out the bread on the bottom half so it was just a shell and filled it.  I'm basically a genius.  And most days I'd kill for a spoonful of peanut butter.  I've been an emotional mess (I hate being a girl) so my lover asked if he could take me out to dinner tomorrow night.  That guy sure knows how to cheer me up.  Alone time and food... it doesn't get any better!!

Running was horrible this morning.  I just had an off day.  After 0.62 miles I was sitting on the ground with my head between my legs trying not to pass out.  What a girl!!  After that it just became about finishing and less about time.  Five miles.  My goal was 43 min.  I got 46:15.  But I finished!!  I might have reached for the "stop" button at miles 2, 3 and 4.5.  But I decided to not be mad and have a better day tomorrow.  Today has actually been a fabulous day.  Time is flying by and I only have four hours left of work.  I know most people eat more when they run, but on my run days, eating is the last thing I want to do.  I eat a lot less on run days and sometimes I have to make myself eat.  Which is weird because I would have married food long ago if it was legal.  I do drink about 20 bottles of water though.  My water bottle is all cute and green.  I luff it.  I get attached to the weirdest things...  I have been loving running so much more when I am doing it to focus on training and not weight loss.  It's rough when you are doing it because you aren't happy with yourself.  A day like today would have been a huge set back and I would have felt awful about myself for a week.  And since I have refused to get on a scale or focus on it... the weight is coming off so much faster!  My bra is getting too big around on the band part and this morning when I looked in the mirror I was shocked to see such a drastic change in my waist.  I never notice changes on myself!  I am LOVING this marathon already!!

I got my shots for school yesterday.  What a horrible, rotten thing to do.  I HATE shots.  I'd much rather have blood drawn than something pumped into me.  It hurt SO BAD!  And my lungs are still killing me (like in a ridiculous way) from my run this morning so I am wondering if it's a side effect from the TB test or something.  Maybe it's just all in my head?

Happy Wednesday!!!

**By the way... I do NOT think I am fat or overweight.  I just have a few problem areas on my body that I am trying slim down and tone up.  Don't think I'm crazy like most people do.  You get it, right?

2 comments:

Londi said...

Yep. I get it :)

and that marathon sounds like fun!

Emily Ballantyne said...

Why do you think you are fat?

JK I've been there. I think I'm fat too. Especially my belly. For some reason it's protruding out right now. I need to lose some weight :)

Way to go! I think you're awesome for doing the marathon! You rock!!! And I'm glad you're seeing results!