Tuesday, January 4, 2011

i didn't die

This is my first post in 2011!  Actually it's my first post in about a week.  Sorry, life happened and it got crazy!!  I haven't even had time to read other people's blogs.  Or get on Facebook or Twitter.  Occasional status updates from the phone and that is it.  I even have a new phone because the A button on my Blackberry somehow disappeared.  Weird.  I ran in my Vibrams last week and I didn't even have to wear my knee braces.  It was fabulous!!  Although this 9 degree weather is killing the knees today.  The biggest reason I disappeared is ZaeLia.  Her surgery didn't go well and we have been back to the vet three times.  Today was the latest, and hopefully last time.  She was allergic to her stitches and her belly swelled up and got all nasty.  It smells horrible.  Even before that though she refused to eat or drink.  I laid on the couch with her and snuggled most of the week.  Also, the cake that was due Wednesday was a disaster.  I had my first failed cake and it felt horrible.  I worked 17 hours straight though and came up with something fabulous!  I will post it soon.  I hope.  Since it was my last cake for a few weeks I decided I better be a good wife and clean.  I SCRUBBED my house.  Floors, walls, cupboards.  I haven't done that since like July.  Shhh... it's our little secret.  I also went school shopping, had an all girl's day for the first time probably ever, laid on the couch wrapped in my electric blanket a lot, saw TWO movies.  All in one week.  Amazing.  I am sad because I missed my friend Alex's wedding.  That was Lia's worse day and I was too scared to leave her.  Sorry girl!!  My little break from the internet was nice!  But now I miss it.  I'm sure you missed me too.  I totaly planned on updating yesterday but then I left my power cable for my laptop at home and it died.  It was a Monday for sure.  It got better though.  I went scrub shopping on lunch yesterday and got the cutest scrubs!!  And spent WAY too much.  Those things are addicting.  And I also started school.  I'll tell you more about that tomorrow though because this is getting long.
I have been eating TERRIBLY (or deliciously, it depends on who you ask.  Terrible is my doctor's word, but she is a fun hater.) since Thanksgiving.  Lots and lots of food and candy.  And I have loved every second of it but now it's time to reach my goals.  Two pant sizes by my birthday.  May 1.  That gives me four months to get it done.  I am really excited!  I can't wait to be able to run outside again.  Come on Spring!!  Spring is my favorite!  I have also been using LiLash to grow my eyelashes longer.  I have been using it for a week and a half and they are already doubled in length.  Seriously!  They almost touch my eyebrows.  I didn't think it'd work so fast.  I took before pictures and I will take after pictures when my bottle is gone
around the beginning of May to show you.
Enough about me... how have you been??

1 comment:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am glad you are back! yay for scrub shopping! You and your hubby are adorable. Love your blog! Vibrams are the BEST....they totally helped my knee pains too!