Monday, January 24, 2011

being a normal adult

How do you do it?  Seriously!  I can't go an entire day without spilling on myself.  When my husband found out my family was doing chili for our family party last night he asked me why I was wearing white.  How sad.  And true.  It was such a bad idea.  Before I had even touched the chili my mom walked up to me and told me I had chili on my shirt.  Right under the girls, where I couldn't see it.  I don't even know how that happened!!  Then I got my bowl of chili and when I put a spoonful of sour cream in it, it splashed in and covered me in chili.  Twice.  I ended up eating in my uncle's t-shirt.  I really think I might be four.  And I just don't get how somebody can make it an entire day without getting something on themselves.  It's impossible!!  Speaking of the family party... I drew blood five times!  I kind of hate doing it on family though.  It's a lot scarier when it's on people you know.  Besides that, my family is obnoxious in a funny kind of way and we all like to tease each other.  Well teasing me while I am sliding a needle into my mother's vein is not funny to me and it makes me nervous.  I did good but I was really shaky.  I got blood on everyone on my first try though, even with the shakes!!  I'll get better.  It's still just a little freaky doing that to someone.  It'll be nice when it is just the norm.

I'm such a sucker!  I slept through my alarm today.  But I don't even feel bad because I fell asleep at 4:00 am.  These nightmares will be the death of me.  So I totally missed my morning run.  Bummer.  So I will be making that up tomorrow since I have school tonight.  We have a huge test and I am soooo nervous.  It was canceled last week and had more added to it so it's going to be HUGE!!  I am excited for Saturday.  The news says "abundant sunshine."  Let's hope they are right and it doesn't change.  I would love love love to run outside this weekend.  I'm still in the process of changing gyms... it's taking long enough!!

I cannot believe it's Monday already.  What happened to that weekend?  It flew!  I wish nights and weekends went by as slow as the work day.  I feel like time is slipping away from me and I really hate it.  I don't know if I'll ever feel like we get enough time in this wonderful life.  It has most definitely been a Monday though.  Everything has been hectic and crazy.  I haven't spilled on myself though.  Yet.  I think what I miss the most at work, besides my lover, is my wedding ring.  It's so nice to be able to wear it for two whole days, then I come back to this place and my left hand feels just a little weird.

How has your Monday been?

1 comment:

Laundry said...

There is no such thing as a normal adult. I fail in that category FOR SURE! haha. It's all good though. I try to act all grown up, but I honestly can't do it. My inner child won't let me. Is that sad? I really do try... but then I just don't feel like myself and I get all depressed. It's just not worth it most days.

So no.. there is no perfect adult, cause if there was, it would be a little bit easier for me to act my age. Though I'm not sure how my age is supposed to act... maybe that's my problem. haha. I don't know how to act.