Wednesday, November 3, 2010

you never get the girl

I am kind of a hopeless romantic.
I cry over everything... happy or sad.
It's a good thing that man of mine is so sweet.
He is good to me every day.
Even when I get him sick and he is in so much pain he can barely move.
Sorry, lover.
Everytime I ask him what he wants for Christmas, birthdays... ya know...
I get the same response.
"I just want you, bean."
He doesn't ask me for anything.  Ever.
I got this response a few months before our first Christmas.
I told him that was lame because he already had me.
His response was, "You never get the girl."
Huh??
So he explained it to me.
Even after the wedding... 20 years of marriage... kids... everything.
She still isn't yours.
You will always have to work to keep her.
Just because you have the prize, doesn't mean you get to keep it.
It's something you have to work for every day.
And that sweet man still hasn't stopped.
He still loves me more every day.
That's how I know in 50 years we will still be in love.
Because we don't stop trying.
Marriage isn't a noun.  It's a verb.
It's not something you get.  It's something you do.
It's the way you love your partner every day.


No comments: