Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving tradition

Part of our ceremony
Washing our hands clean of the past and beginning our marriage with a fresh start.

Have you ever tried boot camp?  I did it for the first time today and I kind of thought I was going to die.  Hardest class ever!

For Thanksgiving my family all gets together the Saturday before.  And when I say all of us, that means like 50 people.  Seriously.  My family is HUGE!  I love it so much.  And what is better is that we are all so close.  My grandma has seven girls!!  Which means I have six aunts and lots of cousins.  Every year my grandma makes the turkey, one of my aunts makes the best rolls.  Another makes the best mashed potatoes.  Another makes the best pumpkin rolls.  Best green bean casserole.  Best deviled eggs.  I am a big fan of food.  I am a fat kid at heart.  Food + Family = Best day ever.  We all get together and cook and eat appetizers and have some wine.  After dinner we go around the house and everyone announces what they are thankful for.  Then we all sit around and talk and hang out.  It's kind of rare that we all get together like that.  So Thanksgiving is the best time of the year.  Then on the actual day of Thanksgiving we all go with our husbands, and some just do their own small celebration at home.  We go to my MIL and she makes a fabulous dinner.  She always makes celery filled with cheese 'cuz she knows it my lover's favorite.  Then we all sit around and watch football and be lazy.  The day after Thanksgiving my lover and I go with some friends and cut down our Christmas tree.  Then we I decorate the house.  We also avoid going to the store as much as possible too!!  What are you holiday traditions?

This year I am thankful for my husband.  He is such a good man.  And he is so supportive.  He has been amazing with me going back to school, and getting my cake business going.  I have been crazy busy and he never complains.  He sits and keeps me company while I bake and make icing.  When my mixer burns out he runs to the store and grabs me another one.  When I fill cupcakes he sits and tells me I am going to be doing that to somebody's arms in a few months, minus the frosting.  Ok, so that last one isn't very helpful.  But he makes me laugh.  I couldn't have asked for a better guy to spend forever with.

No comments: