Tuesday, November 16, 2010

childhood memories

Me and my momma in May

Did you ever get lost in the grocery store when you were a kid?  Remember how it was the scariest thing ever?  A stranger would take you to customer service, they'd page your mother over the speaker system, everyone was looking at you, your parents were a little embarrassed that they lost you....  It's kind of a big deal.  Most kids get lost because they see something they gotta have and wander off.  Not me.  I had a virus in my eyes and couldn't keep them open very long.  My mom was holding my hand, leading me through the store.  How sweet, huh?  Well I guess she forgot about me!  I stood in the same place for like an hour with my eyes closed.  It was probably really only two or three minutes, but it was a long time for a kid.  So I asked her what she was doing and she didn't respond.  I opened my eyes and coudln't find her.  So I blindly made my way to the front of the store.  I remember sitting on the customer service desk crying while everyone looked at me.  It maybe traumatized me for life.  I'll remember to remind her of this at a family function in front of everyone.  Good thing we have one coming up!

I'll just be working on my very first wedding cake for the rest of the week.  Check out my cake blog this weekend if you wanna see it.  I will schedule it to post after the wedding, so Saturday at like 9:00 pm.

 


No comments: