Tuesday, November 23, 2010

kids are creepy

My nephew jumping off the bleachers!

The other day my nephew was sitting on the couch.  He had his head facing down, like his chin on his chest, and his eyes rolled up to the top of his head so he could still see in front of him.  After sitting that way for like ten minutes my sister asked him what he is doing.  He didn't look up.  He didn't move.  He just calmly said, "They're here."  She asked, "Who is here?"  This time he looked her right in the eye and in a nervous voice told her, "I don't know.  But they're not human."  What!!  She asked him what he was talking about and he just ignored her.  He started playing with his toys like nothing happened.  Creepy!  Ugh... gives me the chills!!  I used to be a creepy kid too.  I still remember it like it was yesterday, and I still swear these thing really happened... we had these two recliners that sat side by side and I remember I always felt like I had to sit in the one on the left.  I used to sit there and cry really hard.  When my mom would ask what was wrong I'd ask her "to make that man go away."  When she'd ask what man I'd tell her, "The one with the hole in his head."  He had a huge hole in his head and he would sit and talk to me all the time.  He was never mean.  He'd usually ask how school was or something.  I never answered him because he freaked me out so much.  I remember seeing people walking up and down our hallway.  A few years ago I was riding in a car and there was a couple about 15 holding hands walking down the middle of the road together.  The person driving wasn't slowing down.  We were about ten feet away when I screamed.  They were two inches in front of us when we stopped.  I turned and said, "You almost hit those people!!"  When I looked forward half a second later they weren't there anymore.  Maybe some of us are Mediums.  Or just crazy.  Who knows.  But to me, it is real.

How do you feel about this storm they say is coming in?  Everyone is getting real nervous and getting 72 hours kits together.  I have an appointment after work...  I hope getting home isn't a nightmare.  I do hope that work is canceled tomorrow.  I'd really love a snow day.  I have NEVER had one!!  If there is no work tomorrow I am sleeping in, drinking hot chocolate, reading by the fire, and decorating my Christmas tree!!  Sounds like such a good day.  If Mother Nature could clear up by 4:00 pm that would be great though.  I'd really like to go to the Jazz game.

3 comments:

Laundry said...

I honestly believe kids see things that we don't. It's possible.

Kara Lynn said...

I really believe that too. Some people say I am crazy, but there is nothing that would make me feel what I saw isn't real.

Kristen said...

not sure where you live, I'm in KS. No storm heading our way which I can honestly say that I'm thrilled about! Good luck to you guys, have a good Thanksgiving!