Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm alive

This is the greatest picture ever!  I'm the kid holding hands with the tiger.  This picture makes me so happy!

I lived through surgery.  It wasn't even that bad and I feel great today!  I am tired though which is odd because I slept for about seven hours yesterday and nine hours last night.  I think I could use at least ten more.  Josh took me to Chili's for lunch where they were out of normal tortillas for chips and used some thick nasty ones.  I wanted to cry but then he got me Molten Chocolate cake and I'm pretty sure it's made from unicorn tears.  Usually when I get this I'm with my sisters and forced to share.  My lover hates all sugar so I inhaled it all by myself.  Overall it was a pretty good day.

I was taken back to a pre-op room and my IV was started.  While waiting for the anesthesiologist we started talking about chores we hate doing.  Josh hates defrosting chicken and I hate opening mail.  Josh loves to cook and grill, but getting it ready annoys him.  I don't mind reading letters or paying bills, but opening envelopes suuuucks.  In a very proud voice Josh told me how he helps me out with the mail situation... he throws all the junk mail away before he even brings it in the house.  Things like the ads, a business magazine, Rolling Stones, and "some stupid running magazine that keeps coming."  I thought he was messing with me.  He was, in fact, was very serious and thought he was being nice.  You mean the running magazine I have been paying for?  The one I called on Friday and threw a fit because they had cashed my check weeks ago and I still hadn't gotten an issue?  The one I reeeeeally wanted before my marathon for any last minute tips or ideas?  Yeah.  That one.  Awesome.  I very nicely asked him to stop throwing my mail away.  First it was
my drivers license and social security card after I spent hours getting my name changed.  And now my Runners World.  He's lucky he is cute.

I woke up early this morning and thought about going to the gym.  The doctor said nothing active for at least 24 hours.  I'm not listening to some guy I don't know, but when Josh asked me to please take a rest day I complied.  I am feeling ready for a run which is awesome.  I have been
mad at running since Saturday and not wanted to do it at all.  A few days off was just what I needed.  Eight miles in the morning and I'm so excited!!

1 comment:

Londi said...

what did you have surgery on? I must have missed something. lol.