Tuesday, March 1, 2011

hills=hell

This morning I stepped on the treadmill at 5 am with the genius idea to do hills.  I had never done hills on a treadmill before and figured it couldn't be to bad.  I was wrong.  I also figured I could keep up my usual happy pace and be just fine.  My goal was 40 minutes.  44 minutes and ten seconds later I finally finished my five miles.  I changed the incline for each mile, the first mile at a 5 then 2, 4, 1, and 3.  I only ended up on the floor with my head between my knees to keep from passing out three times.  I felt like such a sissy.  At 0.87 miles I really thought about quitting.  I had to talk to myself the whole time and keep reminding myself that I like to run.  I did NOT like it this morning.  To remind myself that running makes me feel alive I listened to "Alive" by Kenny Chesney.  I realized that I was alive and I am lucky to even be able to run, and that I actually run a lot smoother to slow music.  So much for angry music, right?  Then I cried the whole way home every time I used my clutch.  I sat on the floor of the shower and washed because I couldn't stand for another second.  I don't know how I made it through that run and I have a feeling tomorrow's eight might be the death of me.

My new favorite song to run to at the moment is "Scar tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Hopefully that will get me through my 5 am sweat session.  Right now my happy pace is 6.7.  I am going to try to slowly up that in the next few weeks.  I'd like my happy pace to be at least 7.5 by the time the marathon gets here.  46 days!  I also decided that I need one of
these because it is awesome and on sale and my birthday is coming up.  My goal for the year was to be happy with my body by my birthday.  I'm almost to that point, and I get closer every day, but I need a little extra boost if I am going to reach that in two months.  My goals for March are no sugar (except after surgery because calories don't exist when you don't feel well) and no missing training sessions.  Another goal I have is to be able to smoke my husband in a foot race.  He has been wanting to race since we got together (for some reason we still haven't) and I want to smoke him when we do.  Not just leave him behind a little, I want him to cry for his mommy.  Not really, but that guy never runs so if I can't beat him I am going to be pist.  I already know I could beat him in distance but we are talking like from the bed to the fridge.  This is my motivation to stop skipping my speed training on Fridays.

I only have two weeks of school left!  That is CRAZY!  It has gone by so fast.  We have one more test, CPR training, and then our final to be certified.  Wish me luck.  I'm going to be studying like crazy.

I finally got the keypad for my phone!  My texts are now just obnoxious, and not obnoxious because of @ instead of A's.  If you have a blackberry and want to change the face plates, taking it to a phone store is a great idea.  I worked on my for an hour and a half last night, and when I get home I'll be taking it apart and redoing it because I didn't remove the screen protector on the inside of the phone.  I am awesome.

I can't believe it's already March.  Time is going by too fast lately!  Two months of this year have already passed.

If I ever find time I will redo my blog!  I really can't stand this font...

Oh and you know I am all about the romance so please go
here and comment on this story to help this lady's dreams come true!!

No comments: