Thursday, March 3, 2011

One goal met

For at least one day anyway.  I did not have ANY sugar yesterday.  I got home from school last night and wanted to snack and didn't.  Currently there is a gigantic cinnamon roll, another peace offering, on my desk and I'm still eating my cantaloupe for breakfast.  Sometimes I surprise myself.  I'm not sure if it's my motivation or my sleep disorder but this week has been a rough one for waking up.  I didn't get up this morning.  It's weird... I haven't ran for two days and I've been a moody B for two days.  Running greatly improves my mood.  I should try to focus on that when the alarm goes off but logic doesn't exist before 9:00 am.  I am supposed to have results from the sleep clinic by tomorrow and a plan to fix it, so hopefully it will help and I'll get my butt outta bed!!

I am so excited about getting a Garmin Forerunner 305!  You can race yourself on that thing.  How cool is that?  I can tell it I want to do my 16 miles faster this week and it will let me know how far ahead or behind I am from my time last week.  Awesome!!  Plus I am pretty sure the GPS is more accurate than planning routes on google.  I planned a route with google and Jamie's iPod told us it was like 0.2 miles short.  We cannot have that.  Or it's a good excuse for a new toy.  Either way I can't wait!!  I wish I had it for training for this marathon, but it will be handy for next!  I want to do St. George, Top of Utah, and hopefully Vegas.  That would be four this year.  So much fun!!

I've been reading for fun a little more lately and I just can't get into the Outlander series.  Josh loved them and went on and on about them.  They are his favorite.  I'm on book two and I think they might be dead to me... I'm doubting I'll read the last five.  He's convinced it's better than the greatest book of all times, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet.  That guy is smoking something.  Josh, not Ken.  Pillars is a million times bettah!!  Reeead it!

No comments: