Thursday, October 28, 2010

mail

I am terrible at checking the mail.
I am not really sure why.
It just never really interests me, I guess.
When I lived alone at my house I used to check my mail MAYBE every two weeks.
And that was only if I was expecting something.
It was usually once a month.
My lover checks the mail at least every other day.
It stresses him out if we go two whole days without checking it.
So even now that it's handed to me, I only open it when it's piled high.
I am either too busy, or to lazy...
I've been wondering why our Qwest bill hasn't come.
I wrote the check out a week ago...
Now I just need the bill.
I have a two week stack on the table.
I just realized that's probably where it is.
Me slacking at checking the mail has never been a big deal.
Until about a month ago.
I FINALLY changed my name at the driver's license and social security office.
My husband wanted to see my new license so he opened it up.
I never even knew it came.
Since it was open, sitting on the table for over a week he assumed it was garbage.
And threw both of them away!!
In case you are wondering...
The people at the social security office still smell weird.
And the employees at the drivers license division are still super slow.
I guess some things never change.
Like my love for chocolate.
Or my mail still sitting on the table for weeks.

No comments: