Tuesday, March 15, 2011

peanut butter filling

I took this at work when Josh and I were first dating and he asked for a picture of me.  I look so normal in it.  That's because I'm good at acting.  My hair is FINALLY getting long too.  It's only taken two and a half years.

Last night was my final for phlebotomy.  The written was 304 questions... I missed 11.  ELEVEN.  Running the risk (guarantee?) of sounding very full of myself, I am awesome.  Seriously.  I really surprised myself!  Our practicals were supposed to be tomorrow but since I finished so fast I did mine last night.  30/30.  100%!  Yay!!  If you'd like to have blood sucked from your veins, or feel like choking on something and getting CPR then I'm your girl.  I think there were only four of us that passed the written.  The written was full of useless information that wasn't really necessary, so that's not a big deal.  Well it is because they need to pass to be certified, but you know what I mean.  But what is scary are the ones who failed the practical.  I hope you never get them if you need your blood drawn.  One girl pulled the bevel out, so the tip of the needle was still in but the seal was broke, so blood was pouring out.  She stood there calmly and said, "Why is it doing that?"  Maybe ask that AFTER your remove the needle and stop the blood flow?  Just an idea.  It's such a relief to be done!  I start my externship in May and I will be officially certified!

For the cake I delivered Sunday it was chocolate with peanut butter filling.  I am in love with peanut butter already, but this stuff... mmmmmm.  I might have drank some of it.  I am still trying to think of a way I can ship a cake to
Reeses without having it get destroyed.  This is something she probably needs to have, plus I like to share cake with people that make me laugh.

I had a cake order due this Sunday that I was starting tonight but they just called and canceled because they don't have the money.  This should make me sad, but I am freakin' thrilled!  I don't know if it's the time change or sleep issues, but I could not get up this morning.  I got up and went to the fridge to make toast and PB and couldn't make myself do it.  But I did realize that it was not my motivation.  I have thought I just didn't want to run.  This morning I wanted to cry because I wanted to run so bad, I just couldn't do it.  So I went back to bed bummed about not being able to make up yesterday's miles on my rest day today.  No cake means I can go running after work.  After work means it's light outside so I don't have to go to the gym.  It's supposed to be 60 degrees baby!  And rainy, but who doesn't love the rain??

What is your favorite flavor of cake and cake filling?
I loooove chocolate with cream cheese or PB and white with raspberry.

Do you like the rain?
I love the sound of it on the roof of my car.  It sounds like growing up when it would hit the roof of our trailer (insert white trash joke here.)

No comments: