Sunday, March 6, 2011

Note to self: The "you're kind of an idiot" edition

And "kind of" is a major understatement.

Note to self:
Do not fuel for a 16 miler with nachos smothered in jalepenos and chili followed by a quesadilla smothered in chile verde and expect to throw up any less than twice during the run.
Do not cry like a girl during runs.  You make yourself look stupid.
Learn to navigate the place you've lived your entire life like a normal human being.  Getting lost at this point is just ridiculous and turned your 16 into at least 17 and added almost an hour to your time.  Awesome.
I don't know how you prevent this, but don't ever burst a vein in your ankle again.  It scared me.
Do not forget to charge your iPod, especially when it is your timer.
Do not punch a Hummer because they almost hit you.  Save your knuckles and palm that shit.
Stop being a baby about the cold.  You are the one who decided to train in the middle of winter.
Don't wear a long sleeve cotton shirt for your run and wonder why you are uncomfortable and cold.  Buy some real running gear.
Don't stop to sit down for a second when you are already miserable.  You will cry when you start again.
Insure your legs for no less than one million dollars so when the previously mentioned Hummer does hit you because the moron driver is texting you can at least drown your sorrow with a chocolate fountain big enough to swim in.  (Although after yesterday I doubt you'd feel sorrow if you couldn't run.  Just sayin'.)
You will complete this marathon.  You have been worried but after yesterday you proved you are too hard on yourself to give up.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
After you have thrown up, cried, hurt your hand, bruised your ankle, and ran without music you are kind of a bitch.  Get that in check.

This is probably more information than you ever cared to know, but when I run I have a voice in my head.  Most of the time that voice is Josh and is very nice saying things like, "You're almost there babe" or "Just a little farther honey."  When I am miserable and I know every single second of my misery was self inflicted the voice is neither Josh, nor nice.  It says things like, "Move your fat ass" and tells me what a wimp I am.  I don't know what my time was yesterday or how far I went but it was long enough to say "I hate you" about 100 times.  I'm not sure if that was me hating the voice, or the voice hating me but I'm sure it was mutual.  I got home furious my iPod had died and plugged it in.  It sat on the charger for 25 minutes and still wouldn't work.  I plugged it into the computer to be told it was corrupted.  My iPod that is barely a month old that I'm kind of in love with.  I wanted to cry.  I planned to take it back this morning but my aunt showed me how to reset it and it's workin' like a champ since.  Has anybody else had this problem?  I'm scared to run with it now.

Here's to a new training week starting tomorrow and showing running and the voice inside my head who is boss.

No comments: