Friday, March 11, 2011

When I don't know the words I make up my own

I would share my girl scout cookies for one of these.  But only if it stays this size.

If I don't know the words to a song I make up my own.  Most the time I am pretty close but every once in a while I have to laugh at myself.  Yesterday I googled the lyrics for Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  In case you are wondering he says, "with the birds I'll share this lonely view," not "something, something, long live you."  Embarrassing.  I wish I could remember what I thought the lyrics to Daughter by Pearl Jam were because that was pretty bad too.  I should have my hearing checked.

I took my CPR certification on Wednesday.  Those dolls are so freakin' scary!  The crash test dummy dolls scare me so bad, and those were in the same group.  I have bruises on my palm and top of my left hand.  CPR is rough.  Probably not as rough as the guy who's receiving it.  And they changed the rules again... it is now 30 compressions, two breaths, five reps of that, then recheck them.  Just so ya know.  Feel free to choke around me.  I now know what to do.

I haven't felt right since surgery.  I don't know if I am getting sick or if it's actually something associated with surgery, but I just feel horrible.  I am constantly nauseous so I don't want to eat (who am I??) which has made my blood sugars get really low.  I started to see black spots and could hear a loud rushing noise yesterday.  I laid down on the floor in an oily, dirty shop (i.e. work) and took deep breaths.  Since I had no test strips the EMT that works here checked me and I was 41.  If you don't know that is BAD.  I get sick below 85.  I forced myself to choke down some food and fought all day to keep it down.  I keep saying I don't have money for strips, but really insurance just stopped covering them so it pisses me off to pay $50 for something that is usually $15 so I boycotted them.  I decided it was probably time to stop being cheap and buy the stupid things.  I pulled out my meter and I hadn't checked my blood since... NOVEMBER FIRST.  I suck.  I checked it this morning and I was low again.  Only 78 this time, but what the freak!  When I was monitoring it last year I was doing soooo good!!  I guess it's time to be good again.  Here's to blowing $50 a month on test strips.  Lame.

My surgery was to have my IUD (birth control) removed.  I found out it has a nine percent chance of making you infertile and that freaked me out so I went in to get it taken out.  They couldn't find it (awesome) so it had to be done surgically.  Guys, feel free to stop reading... I haven't had my period in a year and a half since I've had the thing and getting it out caused me too.  I feel like I'm 15 all over again trying to figure out how to deal with this.  This is also a good reason for my blood sugar to be low... it always is during that time.  Anyways since I am not on birth control I stopped to get condoms at the store.  Have you ever bought condoms?  I have not.  There are about 4,000 kinds which is frustrating enough, made worse by the guy with devil horns tattooed on his head, talking to some lady about the kinds he preferred.  Can't they just sell original?  None of them make any freakin' difference anyway!!  Between that and irritation about test strips I was in a bad mood.  Then some lady slammed my ankles with her cart.  Twice.  Wal-Mart was out of Cadburry eggs.  Are you kidding me?  And Runner's World was $4.99.  I paid $24 for 24 issues.  I planned to go home and beat my husband a little
for throwing it away.  By the time I got home I was almost in tears and walked in to a dozen hot pink roses in a mason jar.  I forgot about Cadburry eggs and running magazines.  He said he knew I had a bad day and wanted to cheer me up.  He is my favorite!!

Last night I put straps on my little sister's prom dress.  I always wonder if this will be the boy that I have to beat within an inch of his life... I hope not.  At least this one is 18 and won't be considered child abuse.  You know, just in case.  The straps were just to pull it in a little because she can't wear a bra.  The dress laces down the back, so I cut the lace in half and put a strap on each side, they go over and down through the laces.  I wanted to make sure they were straight and weren't going to pull the dress weird when laced so I put it on to make sure.  I looked in the mirror and felt a little creepy wearing a prom dress.    And then I was somehow shocked when I realized the dress fit.  My little sister is TINY.  I always said I wouldn't complain when I could fit into her jeans.  It was even weirder that I threw the dress on without even questioning if it would fit.  It wasn't her jeans but it did make me smile.  Then I felt even creepier so I took it off real fast.  Maybe she just looks skinnier because she is a freakin' giant, but I never would have thought we could share clothes.  I guess I'm not allowed to complain anymore!

Does Wal-Mart cause you to have anxiety too?
Are you over protective of your siblings?

1 comment:

Laundry said...

to your last two questions.. yes.. to the condoms.. yep. Sure have. I had side effect to the birth control I was on so I took myself off. Since then, I've had to go buy condoms. I hate buying them. It's SOOOO AWKWARD!