Tuesday, March 22, 2011

18 miles makes me too lazy to blog

For three days apparently.  18 miles in 3:14:38!  My goal was three hours, but I forget that it takes so much longer when I have to stop for lights.  It'll be nice when I have my Garmin and the timer stops when I do.  This run was GREAT!  I felt horrible when I woke up.  My back was achy and I really thought about just staying home.  It's harder for me to get motivated when my husband is home too.  I'd rather lay in bed with him all day.  I made myself go and told him to expect a call soon to come get me if it hurt too much.  As soon as I was on the road all pain was gone!  The first 16.5 miles were cake.  I felt like I could run allll day long.  I stopped and got water around the half way point and I thought I'd be good to go until I got home.  About a mile and a half out I stopped to get water.  I don't know if it was stopping, or if it was the gas stations fridges being as cold as Texas in the summer time, but I had the hardest time getting going again.  I was craving an ice cold water and I got handed room temperature crap.  I almost gave up at that point but I had to finish.  If I could run that far I could finish.  I had to walk way too much and I wanted to cry, but I made it!!  I made it in high, freezing winds with warm water.  18.1 miles.  I am definitely feeling pretty good about the marathon.  I would be feeling better if I was sticking to training more, but it's been rough.  My knee was pretty swollen on Sunday and Monday so I decided to take an extra rest day.  It was still swollen this morning and I am too scared of injury at this point so I decided to wait some more.  It looks a lot better today though and I'm thinking I'll be back at it in the morning.  This is my last high mileage week and then I start my taper.  20 miles this Saturday and after that it's all easy.  I got this.  My goal for the 20 miles is 3 hours again.  If I can do 20 in three hours I should be able to do the last 6.2 in an hour. 

After this first marathon I am going to start doing some speed and tempo training until the next marathon.  That way I can get my speed up and make each marathon faster than the last.

One of the biggest things I was excited about having time off for is wife-ing.  Sunday I really cleaned our house for the first time this year.  I only had time for the kitchen, dining room, and living room which is pretty sad.  This weekend I'll be doing everything else, and SCRUBBING everything down.  I even made my lover a nice spaghetti dinner with some huckleberry wine.  It's nice feeling productive and helpful again.  I guess I should probably wash my hair today and I may as well scrub my shower while I'm in there.  Or we will just hire a maid.  I'm fine with either.

Yesterday I was eating breakfast--a banana with PB.  My friend Ken walked up and said it was nasty and he'd never seen anybody do that before.  I am convinced he lives under a rock.

For the first time in four years I have a real supervisor.  It freakin' blows!  I have been my own boss for so long, I know what I am doing and what needs to be done.  I come when I am supposed to and leave when my shift is over.  It's been fabulous.  Starting this week I feel like I am being babysat, I have to check in, I have to explain to her what I am doing, and I get checked on a few times a day.  I know I am being a whiner.  Big time.  Most people have to deal with having a boss.  It's just that I haven't had to and now I feel like I did something wrong to deserve this.  I feel like I'm being attacked each time she asks me what I've done for the day.

Anybody wanna make bets on my finishing time on April 16?
If you say under four hours I will luff you forever.

Do you put peanut butter on your fruit too?
Always.  Breakfast every morning is fruit and PB.

Do you like your job?
I haven't for about two years now.

No comments: