Wednesday, March 23, 2011

wednesday

If this isn't Heaven I don't know what is.  York, baby.  I've been addicted lately.

Is it really only Wednesday??  This week hasn't been too bad.  One of the contractor employees ran out of work so she has been at my desk working with me, doing some things I haven't had time to do.  She is my age and really cool.  I have a work buddy!  This has never happened.  Usually I'm surrounded by people twice my age, and mostly they come from the male species.  Exotic, right?

I am pretty bummed about training this week.  It is my last high mileage week and I am sucking it up.  I was supposed to do 8 today but the knee is still swollen.  It doesn't hurt so I should probably just do it, but I am so scared to get injured.  I'm ready to kill this marathon.  I am so excited for it!  I'm sure you can't tell, I rarely ever talk about it...

I have a paranoia with locking doors, windows, etc.  Every.  Single.  Time.  It's an OCD thing.  So bad that I lock myself out quite often.  Yesterday before work I was scraping snow off my car.  On my way home I had the sun roof open and I was sweating.  I love Utah.  I somehow managed to forget to close the sun roof.  The first time I ever do this is the first time in six years I haven't been able to park in a garage.  Really?  If there is one thing I always get right, it is timing.  My mom had two days to move out of her place and needed somewhere to store her things.  My garage is full so until April 1st I will be parking in the driveway.  I have gotten too used to being spoiled.  My car has been miserable every day this week.  Especially today.  And you can't go out and start your car in your underpants without your garage shielding you from the outside world.  I guess you could.  But I hear it's frowned upon.  Society is so touchy.

No comments: