Wednesday, March 16, 2011

if you're gone, maybe it's time to come home

Spell "stressed" backwards and it will tell you the answer to cure all stress.  Or at least make you happier.  I might still be stressed when I eat this baby, but you better believe I'll be smiling!  Running is my second favorite stress reliever.

This morning I woke up at 7:11.  I am supposed to be to work at 7:00.  I have been late three times this week, i.e. every day.  So I flew outta bed, tossed my toothbrush, paste and face wash in my purse and brushed my hair on my way to work.  I got here at 7:22.  I've got skills.  And everybody knows brushing your teeth and washing your face in the bathroom at work is super classy.  I tried new sleeping pills last night and they made me so hyper.  The makers probably assume you'll take more until you fall asleep, meaning you have to buy more.  Well played.  Except I didn't take more because I am a sissy and didn't want to die.  I was up all night.

Running felt good yesterday, but only mentally.  My body hates running in the afternoon.  It's peak running time is around nine in the morning, right after I roll outta bed.  But 4 am is better than 4 pm.  All I ate before running was a salad, no carbs, because I didn't plan on running after work.  The first two miles were hell, the rest was cake and I even sprinted the last half mile.  Matchbox 20 came on my iPod at the start of mile three and the line "If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home" made me think of my Nanna.  A few days before she passed away she told us that she could see all her relatives that had already passed and they were asking her to come home.  I instantly started bawling and cried the whole way home.  It felt good.  I felt like she was with me.  It was definitely my scrambled brain, but I am going to blame getting lost on the tears blurring my vision.  Lost again.  Who does that?  So I ended up doing an extra half mile.  5.5 miles in 32:29 baby!  My goal was 5 miles in 32:30.  I beat it by a second and did an extra half mile.  When Jamie runs she keeps gum under her tongue because her mouth gets so dry.  Mine is so much the opposite that I am choking on my spit and spitting every 30 seconds.  Does anybody else have this problem?  I really need to work on a marathon playlist... I have five songs on my iPod that I actually like to run to.  One month from today I will be running through Salt Lake City either having the time of my life or wondering what the hell I was thinking!!

My maintenance guy at worked stopped me on my way out yesterday to let me know they'd be sure to have my heater installed by summer.  Oh good, just when I need it...  I guess four years late is better than never, but after it being 14 degrees at my desk this winter I had the urge to punch him.  A voice in the back of my head mentioned something about professionalism so I refrained.

Today is my last night of school!  Pizza party baby!!  Then I have a month and a half for training, wife-ing, and getting organized.  I've got big plans, including redoing my blog.  Isn't this font obnoxious??  I would have changed it, but they blocked blog edits at work and I never have time at home.

No comments: