Wednesday, March 2, 2011

peace offering

This is what I live with.  Every.  Single.  Day.

On Monday I had to leave my desk for a bit.  When I came back there was chocolate pie on my desk.  Basically a miracle was performed and it was delish.  Then I found out it was from the mean lady at work and I was a little scared that I had eaten it.  I didn't die though.  Yesterday I walked passed her desk and she stopped me and asked to talk to me.  She apologized for EVERYTHING and asked me to tell her if she is ever being rude because she doesn't notice.  This is a huge deal and very unexpected.  I let my boss know and told her hopefully things will improve.  Today she came up to me and talked to me calmly and nicely.  Then she told me to have a good day.  What the!  I'm pleased.  I have called my husband crying because of this lady many times.  I've thought about walking out and quitting my job at least a hundred times.  It's just still weird.  Hopefully it will stick.  I guess the pie was a peace offering.  How did she know I couldn't resist chocolate pie, huh??  The world knows my weakness.

For a week I have been trying to figure out why everytime I stop (while driving) my radio changes stations or the air gets turned up or down.  My car is operated all by touch screen and whichever screen I had open it would mess with when I stopped.  I'm always watching the road when I stop, but for some reason I happened to look down as the necklace hanging from my rear view mirror swung forward and changed the station.  I am awesome.  I'm glad I didn't take it into the shop.

Jamie's knee is getting better!  Today it isn't tender and she thinks she might be able to run with me Saturday!  She is going to start and if it hurts she'll head back, so we'll see how it goes.  I'm sick of our usual routes so I planned a new one and I'm pretty excited!!

My goals for March have gone GREAT!!  Yesterday I ate half a box of Thin Mint cookies in an hour and this morning I was pouting so I didn't get out of bed.  Both goals broken in the first two days.  I think my self control is on vacation.  No use beating myself up over it though.  I haven't had sugar today and I am going to make up miles in the morning.  And work even harder to stick to it for the next 29 days.

No comments: