Saturday, March 26, 2011

at least I didn't get shanked

"love" written backwards with a sparkler last fall.  I miss warm weather!

I got up this morning on my own without an alarm clock.  The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, it was 75 degrees.  I ate my normal pre-run fuel of bread with PB and headed out.  Every second of every mile for all twenty miles was butterflies and marshmellows and I basically pranced the whole way.  When I got home my sweat smelled like roses and there wasn't a single pain anywhere on my body.  And my dogs had cleaned up the five months of crap all over my back lawn.

Not.

My alarm went off for a half hour before I crawled out of bed and recited every swear word I know.  I opened the fridge and we have no bread to I had to scrounge up something else to fuel with, wondering if I was going to barf two miles in.  It snowed yesterday because Mother Nature is a jerk so I decided to do my run on the treadmill.  I was excited, because I actually do like the treadmill.  That is until I got there and the two freaky lookin' ladies on the treadmills next to me were discussing the "bitch they beat half to death" and how furious they still were today.  I knew I should have worn my bullet proof vest.  Lucky for me I never made it to two miles to see if I barfed.  I was at .85 when my hip told me to get bent and it was done running for the day.  Awesome.  I took all week off, and it still hurts.  Pretty please get better by April 16.  Since I have been wanting to do cross training for about three months now anyways, because I KNOW it helps prevent injuries but I have just been too lazy, I decided to do that.  I did five miles on the bike then lifted weights for 40 minutes.  It actually felt really good, and I wish I could get my butt out of bed to do it regularly like I want to.  I guess if I am still hurting next week I will just do that instead of running.  Then I got home smelling horrible and realized the chocolate milk went bad two days ago, I ache all over, and I still have all winters worth of dog crap to clean up.  Yay me.

I am very thankful for last week.  I am still feeling confident that I can do this and feeling really good about my training, thanks to last weeks 18 miler going so great.  I just hope my hip isn't still hurting me on race day.  Even if it decides to hurt up until the day before I will forgive it.  But I really don't want to hobble 26.2 miles.  I would love it if my very first marathon wasn't horrible.

No comments: