Monday, March 7, 2011

another crazy day... how am I not crazy?

Oh that's right, I am.  What was I thinking?

Today is a crazy day!  It started off with me TRYing to run five miles.  I was just under four when I had to stop because my leg kept cramping so bad I was tripping over myself.  I even stopped and massaged it for a bit and tried to keep going but it just wasn't happening.  That's what I get for taking so long Saturday and not having time to foam roll I guess.  I need to take recovery things more seriously.

I've been feeding my friend Doug's kitties last week and all this week.  They are so much fun!  I really miss having a cat and wish my lover wasn't allergic.  I've gotten in some good kitty time though and he even got me a $50 Amazon gift card for doing it.  Win win.  And I am now only $80 away from my Forerunner so even if I do get lost like a total spaz it isn't a big deal because I can still know my distance.  I am accepting donations for this dire need...  I will accept donations in the form of Hershey bars if you'd like.  I am not picky.  I had to feed the cats on my lunch today because I won't have time after work.  I have pre-op at 4:00 and my orientation for my externship at 5:00.  Which reminds me I'd better google the address and put it in my TomTom now.  Then school from 6:00-9:00.  That's a long time to go without seeing my ginger.  When I got to Doug's house I realized I didn't bring scrubs to change into so I had to run home.  Running around like crazy stresses me out.

The hospital just called and I have to be there by 7:00 am which means 8 miles isn't going to happen in the morning.  I guess I'll be doing them Thursday and 5 on Friday.  I'm hoping I can at least do weights on Wednesday.  I am begging the universe for strength training to help with the tight muscles in my calves.  I'm also begging Josh for a remedy for the same issue in the form of a gift card to the spa for my birthday.

I went to my first live hockey game last night.  My brother-in-law was playing and they killed the other team.  Jamie and her hubby came too where he fell down the bleachers, she laughed, and karma laughed at her and put her iPhone in the toilet.  I only wish I could've seen him fall...  Speaking of Jamie... she is not so much my marathon buddy now as she is my marathon cheerleader.  She finally went to the doctor for her knee and her meniscus is torn :-(  So she is still going to come share a hotel with me and just meet me at the finish line.  We'll kill the next marathon together.  I hope she heals fast... that girl is addicted to working out.  After my horrible run on Saturday we went to her house for movie night.  I brought the ice cream and she brought the awesome in the form of oreos, gummy bears, hot fudge, and Dr. Pepper syrup.  Did you know they have Dr. Pepper syrup for ice cream?  Sorry for peeing on your floor Jamie... I was real excited.

If you ever want to score some easy cash get behind me in line at the Wal-Mart.  I will leave my wallet sitting on little shelf and not realize it for about seven hours.  Thank you awesome, nice, sweet, good person who did not take my cash or cards and just turned it in.  I luff you.  I guess grocery shopping was just too much for me to handle.  Two stores is horrible.  We went to Sam's though and stocked up for the end of the world because Josh watched a stupid show that scared the hell outta me so in an effort to shut me up, I mean be a nice husband, we stocked up on food and ammo.  My two favorite things... mass amounts of food and guns.  Don't mess with us.  And don't expect a post tomorrow.  I will be lying on the couch good and drugged with some delish food.  My lover says he'll get me takeout for lunch, anywhere I want.  Help me out on this.  It's too big a decision for one girl to make.

No comments: