Thursday, December 2, 2010

"type"

We have a Christmas Koala.  His name is Murray.  He appears in our tree every year with Christmas earrings and a Christmas beer.  Josh loves him.

I don't get it when people say, "He's just not my type."  Single people--the ones I know anyway--are always complaining that there is nobody to date.  But when they do meet somebody, that is their response.  What is this "type" they all speak of??  I never had a type.  I'd give anyone a chance if they were nice.  I'd go on a date with anyone who asked.  Because I really like meeting new people.  And maybe 99 percent of the time I knew after an hour they weren't the guy for me, but I still had a good time.  Maybe you are country and a guy wearing skater shoes asks you out.  Maybe you are and outdoors type person and a pretty boy asks you out.  Why would you tell them no based on their clothes, hair, shoes, look....  I just don't get it.  Maybe it's just me?  Maybe it's just because I don't really fit into a "type."  I do what I want, I wear what I am comfortable in, I will give anything a try and I usually like it.  I am just up for pretty much anything.  I have horses, but I wouldn't turn down somebody who wears baggy jeans.  I love anything outdoors, but I wouldn't turn down somebody who'd never actually seen a gun.  What if I had turned down Josh because he is so different than me?  He's never worn cowboy boots, his hat is always backwards, and he hates bagels.  (The bagel thing is weird, right??)  I almost turned him down because he is eight years older than me.  Look at us now.  So before you turn someone down for something stupid, consider that maybe they are the man of your dreams.  The man of your dreams hidden by a scruffy beard, tattoos, and holey jeans.  They just might be the one :-)

I am not feeling the holiday spirit today.  Which is weird because I have been feeling it for a least a month now.  Maybe it's the lack of sleep.  Because I never sleep anymore.  These nightmares are killing me.  So to cheer me up, my lover is taking me to get an advent calendar after work.  I've told you before, but I really love that guy.

2 comments:

Laundry said...

People with "types" are just weird. lol. I was once one of those.... yeah... didn't work out too well...

Enjoyin' Life said...

I think its an easy way of letting people down. Instead of saying "I'm just not into him/her." People are crazy after all