Thursday, December 16, 2010

no, I am not pregnant. thank you for asking...

I took this the night I put my bouquet together for my wedding.  My favorite flower.

I walked into work today and a guy asked me if I was pregnant.  It took me a second to answer because my confidence had the wind knocked out of her.  My first thought was, "Hey!!  It's the holidays man.  Lay off!"  I cautiously answered, "Um... no.  I am not."  He apologized and said I definitely don't look pregnant, but why am I wearing maternity pants... Oh!  That!!  I have this thing where I refuse to spend $70 on a new pair of jeans and wear them to this dirty, oily place.  So I buy jeans and wear them until they are pretty much worn out, then they become my work jeans and I buy some more new jeans to keep nice.  Well last time I bought jeans was in April.  So my every day jeans are the right size, but my work jeans are two sizes too big.  They fall off me any chance they get.  And I can't wear belts because they bruise my hips.  It doesn't hurt, but black and blue hips just look freaky.  Also, it is VERY cold at my desk.  Like 20 degrees.  So I wear leggings under my jeans.  Well they come half way up my torso, so I fold them over the top of my jeans so they aren't so annoying, and they hold my pants up.  I am either a genius... or really, really cheap.  Take your pick.  I never realized they looked like maternity jeans until this morning.  Thanks for pointing that out buddy.  It saves me from looking like a fool for the rest of winter.  It already looks like I am wearing my husbands jeans... Speaking of wearing mens things, once I had to wear my dad's shoes for a week.  They are about six sizes too big.  But it was the only way my wrapped feet would fit in shoes.  And my feet were wrapped because I burned the crap out of the bottom of them.  I hate shoes so I ran on the treadmill barefoot.  I guess the friction heated it up and I didn't notice as I ran.  When I stepped off I fell backwards just to get off my feet because it hurt so bad.  I looked and the whole bottoms were one big, bloody blister.  Like I said, I am a genius.  And the doctor cleaned them and insisted I keep them wrapped.  He wrapped them the size of softballs!!

Is it weird for me to get
THIS with my wedding pictures all over it?  Even if it is, I am still doing it.

I had two good nights in a row.  I thought the insomnia was gone.  The little jerk came back last night though.

I wish I could remember to turn my Kindle off.  It's a good thing the battery lasts like a month.

I guess
I don't know everything I am getting for Christmas.  My lover put a few surprises under the tree because he knows surprises are my favorite.  Have I mentioned how much I love that guy?

Today is nail day.  Or back scratch day.  It all just depends on which person in this marriage you ask.

I love when I type a blog this long and spell check it and the only thing that it highlights is "Um."  Fabulous.  I know I am going to find all kinds of mistakes when I read this later, just because I said that.

1 comment:

Laundry said...

don't you hate that! People ask me that all the stinkin time!