Friday, December 17, 2010

last night

Sometimes I leave the house looking like an orphan.  In fuzzy flip flops and jammies.  With my stuff lamb.  And sometimes I take blurry pictures with my blackberry because my hands are shaky.

Last night was a good night.  We went to bed around 9:30 and laid there for two hours talking about our relationship.  Like how we both only agreed to go on a date to be nice.  And how he almost canceled because he started to like me before he even met me and that scared him.  He told me from day one I was trouble.  Look where that got him.  Married.  He didn't do too bad :-) ha.  We like to argue about who chased who.  He chased me by the way.  He invited me up to the yacht club the night after our first date.  He said he only did it to be nice and he didn't think I'd really come so it doesn't count.  It's so cute that he is so embarrassed that he did all the chasing.  He text first, called first, made first contact after the first date, said I love you first... cute little sweetie.  We talked about the first time he told me a cheesy movie line and we laughed like crazy and he has done it ever since.  The first one was from an optometrist... "I've looked into ten pairs of eyes today, but my day doesn't start until I look into yours."  Very smooth, right?  We talked about how we used to stay up until 3 a.m. just talking and then he'd get up at 4:00 for work.  Our first few months were rough.  We NEVER slept.  We talked about the time during one of these talks that my ex broke into my house and walked into my bedroom screaming.  Exes are crazy ya'll.  I'm glad I'll never have another!!  We talked about our really long drives that we took just to be together and talk.  We went everywhere.  The first time he told me he loved me I was scared to say it back so I asked him what he said.  Then the next morning in the tent was a little awkward until he told me that he really meant what he said the night before.  I probably tell that guy I love him at least 20 times a day.  At least.  I think at least 3 of them are when he is trying to leave for work in the morning and I don't want to let him.  The first time he yelled at me I cried.  I broke a piece of the cabinet off and he asked me what the hell I was doing.  Oops.  I started crying and he didn't really know what to say.  It's pretty funny now.  I told him I break stuff a lot so if we were going to be together he'd just have to get used to it.  I don't mean to.  I'm just clumsy.  During the summer we like to make a bed on the back patio and just watch the stars all night.  Buying a puppy together and going to pick her up was so exciting!  The night he asked me to marry him was just like the night he told me he loves me for the first time... we got to watch fire works, look at the stars, and crawl in a tent to sleep.  What I remember the most about our whole relationship is how much that guy makes me laugh.  We laugh a lot.  The couple who laughs together, stays together.  He's stuck with me.  Sometimes I might feel a little bad for him... I am really nice, it's just that I am SO WEIRD!!  And I still haven't washed my hair... poor guy.

The chocolate in my advent calendar is a little stale... I pretend it's delicious and eat it anyways.  How many times a year do you get an advent calendar??  Besides, chocolate is chocolate.

2 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I loved reading this. Reading this post made me really happy and excited to make my husband do this with me tonight! You two are a gorgeous couple and I want a puppy:) Love your blog and yay for new blog friends!!

Kara Lynn said...

Thank you!! You should definitely get a puppy. They are so fun to run with!!