Friday, December 3, 2010

rings

I have bad luck with a lot of things... printers, copiers, phones, sharp objects, electronics, jewelry...  My current wedding ring is my fourth wedding ring I have had.  When Josh asked me to marry him we went and picked out the ring together a few days later and this is the one I chose.  I loved it!  Three weeks later I looked down and a center stone was missing.  I almost cried!  I was instantly sick to my stomach.  We took it back, they gave us a brand new one, same design.  The second one lasted three weeks.  The third lasted three months.  It was getting really close to our big day by that time and I was so frustrated and sad, so I decided to pick out a new design.  Which is the one we got married with, and my current ring.  No problems so far!!  It's lasted eight months.  It's a record!  But I love my wedding ring a lot, and even more than my first choice because it doesn't fall apart.

I actually have three wedding rings currently.  I have my normal one I got married with.  An aluminum band my sister made me at school that I wear to my job in aerospace.  And a small one with an opal and diamonds that will fit under my gloves for phlebotomy.  I like rings :-)

So I guess what I am trying to say it, don't buy your jewelry from Kay's.  They were difficult to work with and hassled us.  When they told us we could pick a new design they told us we had to pick one double the purchase price of the first and pay the difference!  What??  After just a few months of having it.  Then my mother-in-law bought me a necklace from there and the chain broke within a month.  Steer clear of Kay's!!  Which is a bummer because they have some really pretty stuff!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

wow that's a shame! I've never heard anything, good or bad, about Kay's... since you're my only review I guess I'll never shop there!

Laundry said...

I bought my ring for Morgan's. The day we got it, I noticed my emerald had a chip like crack inside it where it's supposed to hold in the emerald. I haven't it back because it hasn't gotten any bigger, and it's small enough that no one is going to notice unless I point it out to them. But I think the reason it's so intact right now is because G was smart and bought the lifetime warranty on it. This includes theft. lol. So I feel a bit better about it.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'll definitely stay away from them!

Kara Lynn said...

We got the lifetime on mine too so they kind of had to help us out. And after all of that we added it to our homeonwner's insurance so we are double covered.
I shouldn't complain... what girl gets to go ring shopping four times?? :-)