Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love you

Three weeks after we met, it was the weekend of the 4th of July.
Josh had big plans to go camping with all his friends at Bear Lake.
I had plans to spend the weekend at my Dad's place at Bear Lake.
Weird.
He invited me to come hang out with his friends if I wanted.
I invited him to come visit if he wanted.
We ended up staying one night with my Dad and the other two nights with his friends on the beach.
We played beer pong, rode four wheelers, played football, swam...
It was such an amazing weekend.
We laughed so much.
Both of us had such a good time together.
Josh decided he wanted to be like that forever. Always having fun.
On the 4th we sat and watched fireworks all around the lake light up the sky.
He leaned over and told me that he loves me for the first time.
After three weeks.
I was scared.
But I knew I loved him too.
I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him teasing me.
The next morning when we woke up I wondered if he really meant it or if it was just the heat of the moment.
I was a little scared to find out.
He looked me in the eyes and told me he meant what he said.
I told him "Me too."

1 comment:

Laundry said...

You two are so cute :)