Thursday, September 9, 2010

Got it right this time

The next year was fabulous.
Neither of us have ever been so happy!
We did a lot in that first year.
I got a new car.
We got a puppy together.
He got me my first diamond ring for our six month anniversary.
We got to know each other's families.
We got to celebrate every holiday together and learn each other's traditions.
I got diagnosed with pre-diabetes and he took amazing care of me.
We camped a lot.
I turned him into a wino.
He turned me into a movie addict--I used to hate the theatre.
I took him on a surprise over-night trip to Park City. It's still one of our favorite memories!
Everything was perfect.
We both knew this was it and we wanted to spend forever together!!
Three weeks after our one year was the 4th of July.
We sat there and watched the fireworks go off all around the lake again.
He told me it'd been a year since the first time he'd said "I love you" and that he loved me even more this year.
He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!
I (obviously) said yes!!
Our next day off together was his birthday.
That sweet man spent HIS birthday taking me ring shopping.
I couldn't ask for a better husband!!

1 comment:

Laundry said...

awww :) how sweet! I'm really enjoying this love story thing here. lol :)