Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yes, this is my fiance

We I spent the next year planning the wedding.
Josh is pretty shy and he didn't want to get up in front of a ton of people to say our vows.
My family is huge so there'd be at least a hundred people just for the ceremony.
So we decided to run away together.
We thought about doing it somewhere exotic.
But we decided we wanted to make sure it was legit, so we'd stay in the country.
We chose Hawaii.
It only took us about a week to decide we wanted to go to Kaua'i.
After getting there, we knew we made the right choice too.
We decided to give ourselves about a year to make sure we had time to get it all done.
We decided to get married on the two year anniversary of our first date.
I'm glad we did, because we did have a few problems come up.
Nothing major thought.
Like, did you know you have to have an appointment to get a marriage license in HI?
You can't just walk in.
Our flight was supposed to land on a Friday at 5:00 pm.
Their health dept. closed at 3:00 and wouldn't be open again until Monday.
We were supposed to get married on Sunday.
So we just had to change our flights to get there a day earlier.
I didn't complain :-)
Our engagement was so fun.
I'm glad we had a long one, because you only get to have a fiance one time!!
It was so fun to introduce him as my fiance to everyone.
It's such a pretty, meaningful word.
Plus, Josh HATES pictures.
Talking him into getting them every once in a while is tough.
So this was the perfect opportunity.
And I loved every second of it :-)



No comments: