Tuesday, August 31, 2010

He makes all my dreams come true

Ever since I was little I had always wanted to go sky diving.
Something about jumping out of a plane just sounds fabulous.
My family is terrified of heights, and there is no way and no reason they'd ever jump "out of a perfectly good plane."
My mom actually threatened me with my life. She said I wasn't allowed to go. Ever.
She's so cute.
One of the first few times Josh and I hung out, I mentioned this dream to him.
He promised to take me one day.
I'd heard that before. Probably at least 20 times.
Nobody ever follows through on something they agree to do "one day."
I was pretty shocked when he called me at work and told me we'd be going in just a few hours!!
It was only two weeks after our first date. And now that it was real, I was a little scared.
Who makes a life long dream come true for some person they just met?
This guy. Obviously.
Right after work we met up and headed to the airport.
I was sooooo nervous waiting for our plane.
I even went to the bathroom so I didn't pee my pants during the free fall.
Josh was calm and cool. It wasn't his first time.
We walked onto the tarmac and hopped into a plane that held eight people.
I mean, it heald eight people like sardines.
We were crammed. I loved it!!
On the ride up, waiting to reach elevation, they strapped us to our tandem buddies.
My guy thought he'd be funny and mess with me.
He nudged the guy next to us, and pointed at my harness.
"Hey man, does this look right? I think I did it wrong?"
"I don't know. I guess you'll find out, right?"
Hilarious. Really.
But once we were in that plane, all nervous-ness was gone.
It was like, "Ok!! Let's do this!!"
They opened the door, Josh leaned out, and disappeared.
I walked to the door, stood on just my heels with the rest of my feet out of the plane.
My whole body was out of the plane except my heels.
Looking down was unreal. It's so unreal your mind doesn't even register it.
"We wouldn't really jump" went through my head probably ten times.
Then he pushed me out of the plane.
The free fall was amazing!! The floating with the 'chute out was even better.
It was so peaceful.
In a dizzy-falling-really-fast-heart-pounding-I'm-so-excited-I-could-throw-up kind of way.
Nothing like a huge adrenaline rush to bring us closer together.
I loved every second of it.
I couldn't believe this guy I barely knew did something so nice for me.
It wasn't just jumping out of a plane.
It was a life-long dream coming true.
I can't think of a better way to start a relationship.

No comments: