Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Everyone kept telling me that I HAD to read this book.
When I saw Julia Roberts was in the movie I decided to actually do it.
I don't get what all the fuss is about.
It wasn't a terrible book, but it wasn't that good.
It's pretty much a woman whining for about 350 pages.
Who wants to listen to that?
There were about 50 pages that were actually really good.
And I really like a lot of the ideas that she introduced about living and the afterlife.
I really would have rather read it in a book of quotes though.
I do want to read it again, just to highlight things that I liked.
But I don't know if I can make myself.
Reading that book was a chore, and I had to make myself finish it.
I think one of the best ideas the book introduced was the idea that Heaven and Hell are the same place.
It's all just pure love.
The only difference is the journey you take to get there.
We are all going to die and end up in the same place, so we might as well make our journey our Heaven.
Spending your life lying, cheating, stealing, killing, etc. are all ways to make yourself miserable on your journey.
Do what it takes to make yourself happy.
Stop worrying about everyone else, or what everyone else says should make you happy.
I always felt weird for not wanting kids, but kids are somebody else's idea of happy.
Not mine.
Don't do things that others say will make you happy.
Only you know how to make yourself happy.
"Stop deciding with the mind what we want our hearts to feel."

No comments: