Thursday, October 7, 2010

the secret to weight loss

I discovered the secret to weight loss.
Or at least the secret for not hating the gym.
Drum roll please....
It's a good book!
I finished The Hunger Games in two days.
Part of it was at the gym.
I only planned to run three miles.
I looked down expecting to see about two miles, and it said 3.25.
It flew by.
I even thought about running longer to keep reading.
But my husband was making dinner.
I have been a total slacker since our honeymoon.
Before the wedding I lost 24 pounds.
I want to lose about 10-20 more and I haven't been working very hard.
My goal is to be happy with my weight by December 31.
I am convinced with good books that I can do it.
I can't afford to download a new book every two days though.
So I left my Kindle at home and I am only letting myself read at the gym.
Motivation to workout and save money.
It's genius!
I worked out before work today.
And I have yoga tonight.
My favorite part about yoga is my mat.
It's green!
Oh, and because it's relaxing and all that stuff...

2 comments:

Laundry said...

I'm thinking I should invest in a kindle now. Lol. Actually, I'm more into audio books than I am the kindle, so maybe I should run while listening to my ipod. Hmmm... this sounds like a great idea!

Enjoyin' Life said...

Maybe I need to hit up the library tonight so I can get some good books to read. Time always goes by faster when you have a good book that is for sure. Or I guess I could unpack my gazillion books that I have at my apt and read one I haven't read in a while lol!