Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First date

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget the way you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou.

When Josh picked me up I was nervous. Really nervous. I'd never been nervous for a date before.
I don't know why I was. Maybe deep down I knew.
He took me to dinner at Chili's. Still one of our faves!
I don't really remember what we talked about. But I do remember exactly how I felt.
I was happy. Really happy.
I hadn't been that happy in a long time.
I know we laughed. A lot. We are pretty much comedians.
After dinner he wanted to take me mini golfing, so we headed back to my house so I could change into more appropriate shoes.
I guess heels and mini golf are no bueno?
On the way there he asked me for a favor. Remember how he likes to tease my aunt?
He asked me to call her and freak her out. So I called her.
Aunt: How was your date?!?
Me: Was that a freakin' joke??
A:What?? M: Setting me up with that freak from your work!!
A: Omg what happened??
M: Well for starters he showed up over an hour late. He was drunk, and it smelled like he hadn't showered in a week!
A: What? Kara, I just saw him yesterday!! I swear he showers!
M: Well he stunk really bad. He swerved all over the road because he was drunk. Then, we got to dinner and I made him take me home because he slapped the waitress's butt.
A: *sharp inhale* You're joking!!
Me and Josh died laughing!! Apparently I was too convincing though, because she was about to cry. So I felt a little bad. But we all laughed in the end ;-)

I changed my shoes and we went golfing.
I kicked his butt. I think he let me.
I can drive pretty well, but I'm a terrible putter.
We laughed a lot more.
After golfing I figured he'd take me home and that'd be it. I was a little bummed cuz I didn't know if we'd talk again.
When we got in his truck, he asked what I wanted to do next.
I found out later he planned to take me home after that, but he had such a good time he didn't want it to end either.
My lover is so cute :-)
So, grasping at straws, he decided to take me up to the yacht club to see if his family was there.
They weren't so we just walked around and had a beer with some of his friends.
On the drive home, he told me he'd be up there the next day with his family if I wanted to come up and hang out.
I told him it was my sister's birthday, but I'd try.
He dropped me off at home, and right before he walked away he kissed me goodnight.
Our last first kiss.
Then asked if he'd ever hear from me again ;-)

I sat on my couch watching movies and I had butterflies so bad I couldn't sleep.
He text me a half hour later and said he'd had a good time.
I didn't want to text him too soon, or be the first. But since he started it, he was free game :-)
After his message my butterflies were even worse and I knew I'd never get to sleep so I went to a bon fire.
Even there, surrounded by all my friends, my mind was on him and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I may have forgotten exactly what he said and did.
But I'll never forget the way he made me feel.
It's been over two years and I still get that feeling everytime I see him smile.

1 comment:

Laundry said...

awww :) true love for sure! :D